Why Gen Z Looks So Much Older Than Millennials

BOP

I stumbled across this by accident from another page, or it was on my recommended list, or something. I used to follow Brett, but she's a little too strident for me, and she generally talks too rapid fire.

Gen Z has slowly realized that their love of plastic surgery, fillers, and Botox is having the opposite of its intended effect: they look older.

The in-video commercial, for those of you who have adblock or similar, starts at 4:27 and runs until 5:23 or there abouts. Another reason I stopped following her.

SamSpade

I have no idea - and I can't find a common thread -

But I am a boomer - and most of my life, since late 20's - I have been judged as being about ten years younger than my actual age. I got carded in earnest up until about 30 - a little after that, because they weren't SURE. When I went to Christy's famous giant pool party and talked to a group, they scoffed and said I was too young to know - and when I told them I was 42, they laughed again.

All of my peers - and most are younger - are gray, all gray or mostly gray - and balding. I don't, and neither did my Dad, at 80.

But to be painfully honest - I've led an interesting but mostly dull life with little stress or risk.

THAT - might be demeanor. I've been known to navigate through insane traffic and not be bothered at all. Most of the time, my reaction to disaster is about ten seconds of outrage, frustration, disgust - and then quick acceptance.

So honestly -

My opinion is, aging has to do with reaction to STRESS. If you flip out at every problem, it will wear you out.
Seneca the Younger once said "Fate Leads the Willing; the Unwilling, it Drags".

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
So honestly -

My opinion is, aging has to do with reaction to STRESS. If you flip out at every problem, it will wear you out.
Perfect quote.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So honestly -

Sure and who is more stressed out over NOTHING, but the constant drum beat from Chicken Little

You are White You Are, Racist, You Have Privilege

the Climate Change is going to kill you, Coal and Nat Gas is Evil
You Might Commit a Micro Aggression AGAINST A BIPOC

IF you are Black or Brown you suffer from systemic racism, microaggressions from whites who do not understand plight

TikTok pushes unhealthy beauty standards, young girls are obsessed with their youth and beauty in their 20's getting Botox Injection for the slightest wrinkles, lip fillers and so on ... all those treatments require maintenance and upkeep

SamSpade

EVERYTHING pushes unhealthy beauty standards, young girls are obsessed with their youth and beauty in their 20's getting Botox Injection for the slightest wrinkles, lip fillers and so on ... all those treatments require maintenance and upkeep
To be fair - I have seen this all my life. When I was a kid, the rage was super skinny bodies and girls were builimic and anorexic. In my mother's age, they did all kinds of things to their waists and bodies and hair and eyelashes and eyebrows. They invented some of the STUPIDEST machines that claimed to reduce fat on the ass and waist - and I remember my aunts who had them.

I do not see THAT as being any different. I tell my girls every day they are extraordinarily beautiful and they roll their eyes and dismiss it - thinking they're at best, homely. Teenage girls will ALWAYS think that, TikTok notwithstanding. Older women succumb to the same thing.

I do think there's a social trend to not just get upset over the slightest thing - but required to always show outrage.

Years ago, I had a course in college regarding religious history in North America, and there arose a pattern - a huge wave of revival - which would spawn great rallies, huge resurgence of religious interest, hymns written, new movements arising.

Followed by a whole generation of religious disinterest.

Readers of the Bible notice this pattern in hte book of Judges. Religous revival. Prosperity. Abandonment of religion. Oppression by foreign invaders. A call for a deliverer. Religious revival. Repeat.

I think we are seeing this. I don't buy into the idiotic concept that every older generation claims it had life harder and the younger generation has totally gone to seed - it's not a progression, it's a cycle. Sometimes, the younger generation has to live through a depression and a world war - while their parents lived through an extremely prosperous 20's. Or earlier - endure the rise of communism and the war to end all wars - while their parents lived through the prosperity of the 1880s and 1890s.

And so, we will have a generation of - well, "The Greatest Generation". One borne from pain, suffering and come out better.

And they then raise a generation born into prosperity - and don't appreciate it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
As I have said before, I wish I was as fat as I was when I was actually skinny. Late teens through early 20's I averaged about 85-90 pounds.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
To be fair - I have seen this all my life. When I was a kid, the rage was super skinny bodies and girls were builimic and anorexic. In my mother's age, they did all kinds of things to their waists and bodies and hair and eyelashes and eyebrows. They invented some of the STUPIDEST machines that claimed to reduce fat on the ass and waist - and I remember my aunts who had them.

I do not see THAT as being any different. I tell my girls every day they are extraordinarily beautiful and they roll their eyes and dismiss it - thinking they're at best, homely. Teenage girls will ALWAYS think that, TikTok notwithstanding. Older women succumb to the same thing.

True, but fads mostly spread by word of mouth maybe a limited exposure news report or an article in a woman's magazine .... TikTok magnify this 1000 fold