You say your shower has no pressure?

glhs837

Power with Control
Go talk to SpaceX....... they have developed and installed a gargantuan shower plate that is mounted under the luanch mount to prevent another concrete rainstorm like the first launch of Starship caused. This is two 3 inch thick slabs of steel separated by vertical spacers/flow directors. Water is feed into three sides under high pressure and directed up and out by "showerheads" that are forced up by pressure and fall back down after. Click to 1:22pm in the below live feed.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Go talk to SpaceX....... they have developed and installed a gargantuan shower plate that is mounted under the luanch mount to prevent another concrete rainstorm like the first launch of Starship caused. This is two 3 inch thick slabs of steel separated by vertical spacers/flow directors. Water is feed into three sides under high pressure and directed up and out by "showerheads" that are forced up by pressure and fall back down after. Click to 1:22pm in the below live feed.

Do they light that off before or after ignition?

glhs837

Power with Control
Do they light that off before or after ignition?
If its like the test they did of showerheads against one Raptor, before.... note this test is at about half the distance that will be seen on the pad. And after the firing is done, the systesm still blasting out water. Also, this seems to have double or more duration than the next launch is expected to require, as they plan to leave the pad in about a/2 the time they took on the first launch.

Cryo and static fire of the Starship - complete
Pad deluge system - inital test complete
"Puck shucker" hydraulic pressureziation of the engine mounting plate and cryo of booster - happening soon at the old firing range they bought maybe later this week

Then static fire of the booster, maybe a week after that.

A week later, stacking? We could see the next flight test before the end of August.

stgislander

PREMO Member
If its like the test they did of showerheads against one Raptor, before.... note this test is at about half the distance that will be seen on the pad. And after the firing is done, the systesm still blasting out water. Also, this seems to have double or more duration than the next launch is expected to require, as they plan to leave the pad in about a/2 the time they took on the first launch.

"Puck shucker" hydraulic pressureziation of the engine mounting plate and cryo of booster - happening soon at the old firing range they bought maybe later this week

A week later, stacking? We could see the next flight test before the end of August.

Thanks. The video clarified my question. I was thinking it wouldn't make sense to be blasting water directly at the raptor nozzles

glhs837

Power with Control

No puck shucker, evidently this engine puck design has already been validated.

glhs837

Power with Control
And while I was blinking, Booster Nine is at the pad getting ready to be lifted onto the launch mount....... literally as I type this....

glhs837

Power with Control
Thanks. The video clarified my question. I was thinking it wouldn't make sense to be blasting water directly at the raptor nozzles

And SpaceX has posted top down slow motion views of this event. Whats interesting to me is that you see the center is a 45 degree flow out and away from the center that starts first, then vertical ones around the perimeter.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Launch pad is now clean and ready for launch. Now, how about a real test with a rocket secured to the pad for a real water test? Not a full fuel load rocket, but a rocket so timed to run only as long as the fully loaded rocket takes to lift off.

glhs837

Power with Control
For your consideration ...

Launch pad is now clean and ready for launch. Now, how about a real test with a rocket secured to the pad for a real water test? Not a full fuel load rocket, but a rocket so timed to run only as long as the fully loaded rocket takes to lift off.

That will be the next thing they do. Maybe one or two weeks.