• squirrel.BMP
    225.1 KB · Views: 238
  • squirrel1.BMP
    225.1 KB · Views: 209
  • squirrel2.BMP
    225.1 KB · Views: 211

jenbengen

Watch it
We've got squirrels that open the lid to the top of our wooden box with birdseed in it. Then they climb inside, stuff themselves full, lift the lid back up, climb out, and come back later when they are hungry again. I'm impressed!

We also had two raccoons that would sit right at our sliding door on the deck and eat the cat food. We would bang on the window to scare them and they would just look at us. LOL.

The "wild" animals around here aren't so wild.

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
jenbengen said:
...The "wild" animals around here aren't so wild.
We've got a skunk that comes across the yard every night on his way to wherever the heck he goes. When we see him start coming across the field, we all get on the deck and wait. He waddles across the yard to the other field and keeps on going. He looks at us and keeps on waddling, at a rather leisurely pace. He isn't worried about us, and acts like he owns the yard as he crosses. Of course, as far as I'm concerned, he does. :lmao:

They are SO funny looking when they walk too!

rack'm

Jaded
Tinkerbell said:
We've got a skunk that comes across the yard every night on his way to wherever the heck he goes. When we see him start coming across the field, we all get on the deck and wait. He waddles across the yard to the other field and keeps on going. He looks at us and keeps on waddling, at a rather leisurely pace. He isn't worried about us, and acts like he owns the yard as he crosses. Of course, as far as I'm concerned, he does. :lmao:

That's why the goofballs get run over so much. :ohwell:

jenbengen said:
We've got squirrels that open the lid to the top of our wooden box with birdseed in it. Then they climb inside, stuff themselves full, lift the lid back up, climb out, and come back later when they are hungry again. I'm impressed!

We also had two raccoons that would sit right at our sliding door on the deck and eat the cat food. We would bang on the window to scare them and they would just look at us. LOL.

The "wild" animals around here aren't so wild.
That's why I bought a 15(?) gallon metal trashcan to keep the birdseed in. Put the lid on and use the bail handle on the can to keep the lid on. Never had any animals get in as long as I put the handle in place, but leave it down and they get in the first night. It was funny to see the lid raise up and have a squirrel climb out full of black oil sunflower seeds.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
I have yet to see one squirrel in my yard. I've seen rabbits, ground hogs, raccoons, possums, and skunks. But no squirrels. :shrug:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Tinkerbell said:

I want a pet skunk sooooo bad. Will you catch it for me and take it to the vet to be depouched? Pretty please!