Looking to Adopt a Yorkie, Maltese, Poodle

pokey939

Hello Southern Marylanders:

I am looking to adopt and to share my home with a Yorkie, Maltese, or Poodle who is also house broken. I have submitted so many applications for adoption that I had no idea that to adopt from one of the organizations at Petfinder.com will result in a person not getting at least to meeting and bonding with the dog they have chosen.

I have been searching for the last three months with no results. I look forward in some assistance in adopting and sharing my lovely home, as well as having a companion, car and traveling buddy.

pokey939

Dog Adoption

Nickel said:

Thank you Nickel for the links however, I have placed an application with Yorkie Rescue Me and find them to be less than wanting to place their dogs into an adopted home. They gave me the impression that the adoptee must be a "stay at home" mother which is not fair to those who really love animals and want to provide a loving and clean home. Yorkie Rescue Me is very particular in placing their dogs into a loving home and they take their time when making phone interviews. So, they may seem very particular about placing their dogs into a loving adopted home but I will not use them in the future.

I have reviewed the link to SOSdogs and will look into adopting from them.

Thank you again for the links.

tes218

pokey939 said:

I am looking to adopt and to share my home with a Yorkie, Maltese, or Poodle who is also house broken. I have submitted so many applications for adoption that I had no idea that to adopt from one of the organizations at Petfinder.com will result in a person not getting at least to meeting and bonding with the dog they have chosen.

I have been searching for the last three months with no results. I look forward in some assistance in adopting and sharing my lovely home, as well as having a companion, car and traveling buddy.

Did you try the Tri-County Animal Shelter? I heard there was a poodle there on Saturday. Don't know if it was adopted or not. I don't know the particulars about it such as age, if it was a mix or not but you may want to give them a call. :yay:
PHONE NUMBERS
St. Mary's and Calvert 1-800-903-1992
Charles 301-932-1713

tes218

pokey939 said:

Did you find your dog yet? If not, take a look at her. She is at the Tri-County Animal Shelter in Hughesville.
http://www.charlescounty.org/es/apps/availableanimals/details.jsp?ID=38039

tes218

cattitude said:
Didn't you see her other thread :ohwell:

She bought one, had it two weeks and was allergic to it..selling it for $1,280. I think the thread was deleted though.

Sorry, no I didn't see the tread. What happens to the dog if she doesn't get her asking price, I wonder? Another "purebred" in the shelter? :jameo: