SOYG (Sick of Your Gym)

B

Big Fatty

I thought this would be an interesting thread to start. Could generate a few good laughs. I always love to hear people's gym stories.

Here is one I submitted to another forum as an example:

9/8/2006
I hate to bash my local gym because they are VERY PL and Strongman friendly. They have let me "outfit" the gym with boards, chains, bands, specialty bars, etc. Most of the good folk are tolerant and make nice comments. Pretty cool, huh?

Well, last night some donkey (from Tennesse) decides to give me advice while I'm resting during my ME Upper night. I'm doing 3 board work and I had 460 on the bar which I was trying to get 3-5 reps with. On the 4th rep I hit the wall and could not get it off the board (3RM PR though!)

After I got up off the bench, the donkey comes over and says, "You know what will make you stronger?" I say, curiously, "what?" He says, "Flatten your back, that arch is hurting you. Bring your feet up on the bench and tuck your heels into your butt. This has helped me add 30 lbs on my bench. You won't even need that board thing. You'll be able to come all the way down to your chest." I said, "really?", just a little sarcastically. I knew this guy was just trying to be nice but....

So I asked him, "How much do you bench?" He says, "275". I giggled. I just couldn't help it. I know I suck but....

We then proceded to talk training and he was receptive so I gave him his "non-donkey" card. Another Darkside convert. We are meeting today to train together.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I'm in a 24 hour gym. Get there at 3:30 in the morning so no one else is there. Thats about it I guess

B

Big Fatty

Magnum said:
I'm in a 24 hour gym. Get there at 3:30 in the morning so no one else is there. Thats about it I guess

24 hour gym, huh? You gotta have some funny stories to tell!

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Big Fatty said:
24 hour gym, huh? You gotta have some funny stories to tell!
Well not really. Started going there in December. It was really funny for my cousin to watch me run on the treadmill for the first time :lmao: I fell right off it.

But like I say when I get there I am alone until about 4:00 Thats when a couple people come in and run. By that time I am on the other side hitting the weights.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I hit 460 once.....but then I decided them women are just to big for my liking and dropped the weight down a tad bit :yay:

I guess this is my funny story :shrug:

warneckutz

Softballkid said:
I hit 460 once.....but then I decided them women are just to big for my liking and dropped the weight down a tad bit :yay:

:lmao:

Easier on the wallet too?

B

Big Fatty

Softballkid said:

:killingme

rack'm

Jaded
I always get a kick out of the guys that ONLY bench press.....they have huge pecks but no biceps. :killingme

warneckutz

rack'm said:
I always get a kick out of the guys that ONLY bench press.....they have huge pecks but no biceps. :killingme

Excellent point... there are a LOT of ALL Upper Body folks who stare at the squat rack and leg press like it just insulted them...

B

Big Fatty

rack'm said:

Good one. :lmao:

Guys are afraid of training legs. If they only knew what training the lower body does for the upper body.... :smack:

B

Big Fatty

warneckutz said:
Lets see...

I'm not sick of my gym in any way shape or form, it's the GREATEST PLACE ON EARTH. :yay:

I know where you workout, buddy. It still has a long way to go before I'd call it that. Mark's doing a good job though...

I have hundred's of SOYG stories about the gym that I could tell. I'll only feed a few at a time though...

:popcorn: :razz: