Table Top RPG

JeweledSkye

I Make Nerd Look Good
Anyone out there play table top rpgs like D&D, Vampire: The Masquerade, etc? A friend of mine and I are beta testing a new game someone she know's is looking to have published. The book is complete(though still being edited and updated as we find flaws and such), and we're looking to get the game started soon. Looking for one or two more players.

We'd prefer you to be atleast somewhat experienced, as the entire point of us doing this BETA is to look for improvements the game may need ranging anywhere from the book itself to the dice system, etc.

If anyone is interested, post here or send me a PM here and I'll give you some more information.

JeweledSkye said:
Anyone out there play table top rpgs like D&D, Vampire: The Masquerade, etc? A friend of mine and I are beta testing a new game someone she know's is looking to have published. The book is complete(though still being edited and updated as we find flaws and such), and we're looking to get the game started soon. Looking for one or two more players.

We'd prefer you to be atleast somewhat experienced, as the entire point of us doing this BETA is to look for improvements the game may need ranging anywhere from the book itself to the dice system, etc.

If anyone is interested, post here or send me a PM here and I'll give you some more information.
Crap! I thought this was about a little bitty Rocket Propelled Grenade launcher. Something for those pesky squirrels. :lmao:

Sangrolu

Yep, I'm down here in Lexington Park, running 2 small games (one D&D, one Spycraft 2.0; the D&D game could use some more players.) Don't know how I feel about beta testing something without even know what it's about, or if I'd really have the time, but if it sounds intriguing enough, I might find a way...

JeweledSkye

I Make Nerd Look Good
Sangrolu said:
Yep, I'm down here in Lexington Park, running 2 small games (one D&D, one Spycraft 2.0; the D&D game could use some more players.) Don't know how I feel about beta testing something without even know what it's about, or if I'd really have the time, but if it sounds intriguing enough, I might find a way...

Where do you play? Bowes Books perhaps? Me and the woman who will be running the game both try to be there at least once a week, usually on Friday evenings. Not sure how this week will turn out, however. Either way, I'm sure I can get her to perhaps set up a time to meet you either at Bowes or a local restaurant's like IHOP to sit down and give you the scoop as to the details. She is, of course, much more versed in the entire background of the game than I am, as I'm still reading over the material for the first time.

Sangrolu

JeweledSkye said:
Where do you play? Bowes Books perhaps?

Either at my place or the house of one of my players.

Maybe I've been in there at the wrong times, but lately I haven't seen Bowes Books game room as being very accommodating to anyone but the Warhammer players.

JeweledSkye

I Make Nerd Look Good
Sangrolu said:
Either at my place or the house of one of my players.

Maybe I've been in there at the wrong times, but lately I haven't seen Bowes Books game room as being very accommodating to anyone but the Warhammer players.

Well lately that's all they've been able to get in, though there is one table top group who plays there every other friday evening. We hope to get our group running on the opposing friday if it's possible. If we decide not to play there, we have a few alternatives in mind. Make no mistake though, quite a few of the warhammer players play D&D and the like. Just strike up a conversation, you'll see. :)

Magnum said:
Xbox 360 and PS3 is all I play :yay:

The 360 is awesome, I have one of my own though I haven't been playing lately, waiting for some games that really spark my interest to be put out... Can't wait for Forza 2 to hit the shelves. ^.^ The PS3 though... biggest console flop in gaming history(atleast during my life time) if you ask me... Sony messed up big time... its gotta suck for them to realize that almost all their big name sellers aren't play station exclusives anymore.

mainman

Set Trippin
JeweledSkye said:
Well lately that's all they've been able to get in, though there is one table top group who plays there every other friday evening. We hope to get our group running on the opposing friday if it's possible. If we decide not to play there, we have a few alternatives in mind. Make no mistake though, quite a few of the warhammer players play D&D and the like. Just strike up a conversation, you'll see. :)

The 360 is awesome, I have one of my own though I haven't been playing lately, waiting for some games that really spark my interest to be put out... Can't wait for Forza 2 to hit the shelves. ^.^ The PS3 though... biggest console flop in gaming history(atleast during my life time) if you ask me... Sony messed up big time... its gotta suck for them to realize that almost all their big name sellers aren't play station exclusives anymore.
Forza 2 demo is available for download on the marketplace, I have been playing for a few days! :yay:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
JeweledSkye said:

I keep telling everyone that my 360 blows away my PS3. There are no good games out for it, I have beaten resistance fall of man like 4 times.

I have not been game shopping for my 360 lately, for a while I was getting every new game released. I think I have 25 games for it, or so. Call of Duty 3 was great but too short and easy.

mainman

Set Trippin
Magnum said:
I keep telling everyone that my 360 blows away my PS3. There are no good games out for it, I have beaten resistance fall of man like 4 times.

I have not been game shopping for my 360 lately, for a while I was getting every new game released. I think I have 25 games for it, or so. Call of Duty 3 was great but too short and easy.
Did you play Gears of War? I beat it on casual and now I am about 90% through on hardcore...

Recently beat COD2 and COD3 and Tomb Raider

Magnum

Should be Huntin
mainman said:
Did you play Gears of War? I beat it on casual and now I am about 90% through on hardcore...

Recently beat COD2 and COD3 and Tomb Raider
Yep beat it on casual, have not tried hardcore.

COD2 and 3 are great games. I never liked 1st person games until those. I got about 40% through Tomb Raider and got bored with it.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
JeweledSkye said:
The PS3 though... biggest console flop in gaming history(atleast during my life time) if you ask me... Sony messed up big time... its gotta suck for them to realize that almost all their big name sellers aren't play station exclusives anymore.

Don't forget about Panasonics 3DO. I think it came out around the same time as the PS1, I still have mine sitting in the closet collecting dust.

JeweledSkye

I Make Nerd Look Good
Magnum said:
Don't forget about Panasonics 3DO. I think it came out around the same time as the PS1, I still have mine sitting in the closet collecting dust.

The 3DO wasn't a console... it was a tragedy. I've seen computers made in the 80s that did gaming more justice... so... hardly something I could even list among the consoles. :p

Yep beat it on casual, have not tried hardcore.

Bwahaha... I beat it on all the difficulties within a week of having it :D It wasn't as difficult as I was expecting it to be, but it was still a badass game, and the controls were pretty cool once I got used to them.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
JeweledSkye said:
Bwahaha... I beat it on all the difficulties within a week of having it :D It wasn't as difficult as I was expecting it to be, but it was still a badass game, and the controls were pretty cool once I got used to them.
I think it took me a few days to beat it. I was playing Oblivion for a while, thats a neat game. Far Cry, Dead Rising, the Godfather, those were good too.

JeweledSkye

I Make Nerd Look Good
Magnum said:
I think it took me a few days to beat it. I was playing Oblivion for a while, thats a neat game. Far Cry, Dead Rising, the Godfather, those were good too.

I play Oblivion like it's going out of style when I have the time... I'm an RPG nut. Dead Rising was a lot of fun too though.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I"ve never played a video game before but I like RPG's.
I play Masquerade and I played DnD ages ago. I also play a game that my BF and his friends made up from half a dozen other PRG's. That's my favorite.

Does anyone LARP?

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
Beelzebaby666 said:
Does anyone LARP?

LARPing leads to Furries... :nono: Beware!

My husband and I are big D&D fans (though we tend to like the D&D homebrews best); but I recently looked over the player's manual for A Game of Thrones (based on G.R.R.M's "A Song of Ice and Fire") and really liked the gameplay strategy for that.

Unfortunately, we are new parents, so our tabletop gaming is on the back burner for another year at least.