Demo Derby

Floyd2004

-Void-
Well I cant seem to find those rules anywhere. Ive watched these events a few times and now this year im going to enter in a saturn. Ill keep looking but I know someone could hook me up with a link

Michael Delaney

Porsche 917K
A Saturn will be fun.
I ran a couple small car derbies a few years back when they had the circle track config.
Uhm... We had to get rid of AC refridge fluid, chain the doors closed, cut a hole in the hood for extinguisher access, remove the winshield.
I removed the extra stuff in the car. I padded the driver side door because impact really can be hard. Also reinforce the battery holder.
I will have to think about the other rules.
When is the demo derby?

Danzig

1. Radiator: Flush all antifreeze from the system. Water Only! Place a garden hose in the Radiator and run water through the system with the car running. This process will flush out the antifreeze.
  2. A/C (air conditioning) system must be empty of Freon. Cut the hoses or remove the entire system.
  3. REMOVE ALL Chrome & Plastic, molding, clips for molding, emblems, antenna, wipers, trim and door handles. Remove any flammable materials within the car such as carpet, headliner, and door panels. Be sure to remove all trash and loose debris within the vehicle.
  4. REMOVE ALL Glass, including side mirrors, interior mirror and light, and headlights. Windshield optional. Absolutely no broken glass within door panels. Remove plastic taillights, side marker and parking lamps - WITH THE BULBS removed.
  5. All fiberglass header panels and rear panels must be removed. Any metal that a magnet does not stick to must be removed.
  6. REMOVE and Discard the REAR BOTTOM seat cushion and door panels. UPRIGHT BACK seat cushion MUST remain within the car.
  7. Doors, Trunk and hood must be chained. No wire or welding. Station Wagon Tailgates must be in the upright & locked position. Do not secure the hood until inspected. Hood and Trunk MUST HAVE a 6" hole. No Threaded Rod or Bolts Allowed (except to fasten chain together).
  8. Only one battery allowed. Battery ONLY can be moved to a different location under the hood.
  9. Gas tanks and gas lines must be in the factory position. Only 5 gallons of gasoline allowed in gas tank.
  10. NO TRAILOR HITCHES - Entire system must be removed.
  11. Body, frame and suspension must be stock and not reinforced or altered. No Welding on frame or body. NO AIR SHOCK allowed, Except OEM.
  12. Any DOT approved tires can be used. Fender Wells may be trimmed no more than 3" above tires. No double tires, tractor lugs or studded tires. Air filled only!
  13. 18" ASSIGNED numbers must be on the ROOF and DOORS on both sides. If you paint your number on a white background, it will make it easier for the announcer to identify you.
  14. REMOVE AIR BAGS.
  15. Exhaust system must be cut, remove converters and mufflers.
  16. Drivers door may be reinforced with safety bar only 4" width and only 2" extending to fender and rear door / quarter panel. Inner padding on driver's door is recommended.
  17. Engine must be stock (the engine that came w/ the car - no exceptions)
  18. You may reinforce the driver's seat. A safety bar behind the drivers seat is recommended. The Bar cannot be attached to the frame. DOT approved seat belts properly secured to car body.
  19. Bumper shocks cannot be altered. No welding on bumpers or brackets. Bumpers must be stock. (i.e. GM on GM / Ford on Ford.)
  20. Rear and Transmission must be stock. No locked rears, unless OEM.
  21. No Chrysler Imperials, Hearses, Trucks, 4x4's or Limousines allowed in this Derby.
  22. Small Car Rules are the same.
  23. Small Car Guidelines: 3 or 4 cylinder only. NO PINTOS!!!
http://www.shlcdemolitionderby.com/rules.htm

You must have a DOT or CSA approved full-faced helmet with safety glasses or shield. Drivers must have long sleeve shirt and pants or coveralls. CSA approved 2lb dry chemical fire extinguisher must be securely mounted in vehicle within reach. This is for your Safety in case of a fire within your vehicle. Drivers must be 18 yrs of age with a valid drivers license.

Questions regarding Registration: 1-888-44-DERBY
Questions regarding Preparation Rules: 1-888-44-DERBY

Last edited:

Floyd2004

-Void-
Dougstermd said:
I built a winning monte carlo one year need some help?

Might, but I think I should be good. If I get a full day to work on it I think I could knock just about everything out. Last year we had a Plymouth Ares that was blue. Sadly it took one nudge and the lower control arm came off. This Saturn is not too bad. It's my girlfriends old car so shes helping in the destruction. Should be fun in a Saturn though!

I think this year im going for a Mario theme. My friend might make his Luigi colors. Might be fun to do but were not sure yet. My bud has a 93 Chevy Corsica

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
REMOVE ALL Chrome & Plastic, molding, clips for molding, emblems, antenna, wipers, trim and door handles. Remove any flammable materials within the car such as carpet, headliner, and door panels. Be sure to remove all trash and loose debris within the vehicle.

So much for a saturn :lmao:

bohman

Softballkid said:
REMOVE ALL Chrome & Plastic, molding, clips for molding, emblems, antenna, wipers, trim and door handles. Remove any flammable materials within the car such as carpet, headliner, and door panels. Be sure to remove all trash and loose debris within the vehicle.

So much for a saturn :lmao:

I was thinking the same thing, it'll be fun to see a car running with no body panels at all.

The SLs and SCs will take a beating though, at least the frame will. Not sure how long the stuff under the hood will last.

Why no Imperials? Are they simply that big?