BWB In L'Town

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I went to the BWB in L'town (near McKay's) and it was pretty good. My stepdad knows the owner and I got to chat with him and his wife for a bit. If you like your wings hot then go straight to the xxhot, the xhot wasn't so hot, for my taste at least. I had 2 Yuengling tallboys and it was some of the coldest draft beer I have had in a loong while. Small tv screens in each booth and at least 8 flat screens throughout the rest of the place. The owner is a hardcore Redskins fan so this may be a fun place to catch a game or two during the season. 6 pool tables and three (?) video games to help pass the time. Pool is $1.25, which is a bit steep but where else are ya gonna go in L'town? and the rent ain't cheap I can imagine. The only hiccup (for a bit) is going to be the kitchen. The owner did say tht the staff back there was a little green BUT they have one of the cooks from the LP location starting soon and another experienced person in the pipe.

FYI: These owners are in no way affiliated with the previous LP location. BWB is a frnchise and I did make sure to ask him about that because I had heard some not so good stories about the LP location.

Do the owners a favor and at least stop in and check it out. The menu is far more expansive than I would have guessed but that's what I get from assuming. :cheers:

B

Big Fatty

kom526 said:
I went to the BWB in L'town (near McKay's) and it was pretty good. My stepdad knows the owner and I got to chat with him and his wife for a bit. If you like your wings hot then go straight to the xxhot, the xhot wasn't so hot, for my taste at least. I had 2 Yuengling tallboys and it was some of the coldest draft beer I have had in a loong while. Small tv screens in each booth and at least 8 flat screens throughout the rest of the place. The owner is a hardcore Redskins fan so this may be a fun place to catch a game or two during the season. 6 pool tables and three (?) video games to help pass the time. Pool is $1.25, which is a bit steep but where else are ya gonna go in L'town? and the rent ain't cheap I can imagine. The only hiccup (for a bit) is going to be the kitchen. The owner did say tht the staff back there was a little green BUT they have one of the cooks from the LP location starting soon and another experienced person in the pipe.

FYI: These owners are in no way affiliated with the previous LP location. BWB is a frnchise and I did make sure to ask him about that because I had heard some not so good stories about the LP location.

Do the owners a favor and at least stop in and check it out. The menu is far more expansive than I would have guessed but that's what I get from assuming. :cheers:

Will check it out soon. Thanks for the heads up! :high5: :cheers:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Mikeinsmd said:
I know but the only McKays I know is on Hollywood rd and that's L.town isn't it? :stupid:
There is a new one in the shopping center where True Value and all those other stores are. Doesn't Fancy keep you informed? Geez. Move to Calvert and all of a sudden you have no idea what it going on around here......

Mikeinsmd

BS Gal said:
There is a new one in the shopping center where True Value and all those other stores are. Doesn't Fancy keep you informed? Geez. Move to Calvert and all of a sudden you have no idea what it going on around here......
I was late to her house for moms day so she cut me out of her will. :ohwell:

I will check them out this weekend. :biggrin:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Mikeinsmd said:
Thank you BS. :huggy:

That Kwillia intimidates me sometime. :poke: :bawl:
She is very intimidating. I have yet to go to the Harley place in Hughesville because she doesn't think I'll ever make it out of the roundabout on my bike and I'm afraid I could run out of gas going round and round and round and round and I have yet to be able to switch on the reserve tank while in motion.

Mikeinsmd

BS Gal said:
She is very intimidating. I have yet to go to the Harley place in Hughesville because she doesn't think I'll ever make it out of the roundabout on my bike and I'm afraid I could run out of gas going round and round and round and round and I have yet to be able to switch on the reserve tank while in motion.
:killingme

K

Kain99

The Boys went to BWB begged me to go back with them... Just not sure how a 40 year old will fit in.

O

oldnavy

Need an update

I've read some not-so-good reviews on the new BWB so it would be nice to get more input. Anyone else been recently and have an opinion?

I had wings last night at cheeseburger in paradise and while they were not hot or spicy by any means...they were at least pretty good tasting.

Michael Delaney

Porsche 917K
Not a bad place. Much better/cleaner than the BWB was in the Park.
Sandwich I had was OK
Service was OK
Setting is OK
I suspect the place will get better as the crew gets more experience.

J

juggy4805

Me and a buddy ordered 4 items total. Each item came out 10 minutes apart. I was about finished with my fries by the time my wings came out. Also, 6 dollars for 6 wings is a bit much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikeinsmd

juggy4805 said:
Me and a buddy ordered 4 items total. Each item came out 10 minutes a part. I was about finished with my frys by the time my wings came out. Also, 6 dollars for 6 wings is a bit much.
Agreed. They advertise a pound of wings. 6 wings nowhere near equals a pound. I predict in less than a year they're history.

lovinmaryland

juggy4805 said:
Me and a buddy ordered 4 items total. Each item came out 10 minutes a part. I was about finished with my frys by the time my wings came out. Also, 6 dollars for 6 wings is a bit much.

i had that same problem when i went, things were coming out at all different times.

Honestly the food was not that bad, but it was not that good either. the best way to describe it would be to imagine opening your own resturant and all the food was from Bjs/sams club. That is not necessarily a bad thing but also not a good :lmao:

i have the same complaint about the wings, i should have known something was up when they said the wings would be weighed before cooking.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Mikeinsmd said:
Agreed. They advertise a pound of wings. 6 wings nowhere near equals a pound. I predict in less than a year they're history.

I'll have to check them out this weekend. Sounds like a Friday night happy hour visit. :cheers:

That does suck! :buttkick:

Pound of wings not sauced should be approximately 14 :yay:

Mikeinsmd

unixpirate said:
I'll have to check them out this weekend. Sounds like a Friday night happy hour visit. :cheers:

That does suck! :buttkick:

Pound of wings not sauced should be approximately 14 :yay:
The fries are great & the kids pizza was ok. The wings were good, just nowhere near a pound.

Based on what I saw and heard in the pool room mainly led to my prediction of less than a year. :buddies: