Deer

slaphappynmd

I just had 2 deer, strolling down my road in the ranch club, middle of the day, just trotting along, and dont even care that I am standing there.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
slaphappynmd said:
I just had 2 deer, strolling down my road in the ranch club, middle of the day, just trotting along, and dont even care that I am standing there.

I had 6 a couple of weeks ago just strolled by just before dusk. Got a picture, not a very good one was trying not to scare them off.

Attachments

• Deer.JPG
    Deer.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 132

itsbob

I bowl overhand
slaphappynmd said:
You got lucky, they may have been rabid...

Bay_Kat

Tropical
itsbob said:
You got lucky, they may have been rabid...

Last night I went out on the porch and there was a fox out there, it started walking toward me really slow, I was kind of scared thinking it may have been rabid, but I made a noise and it took off running. This was around 10 or so I guess that's a normal time for them to be out.

slaphappynmd

Bay_Kat said:
I had 6 a couple of weeks ago just strolled by just before dusk. Got a picture, not a very good one was trying not to scare them off.

cool, they were even closer to me...we have an tiny driveway, the deer were about 15 feet away. they didnt even care that I was there, they just looked at me, said pfffft its just slappy, and strolled on.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Bay_Kat said:
Last night I went out on the porch and there was a fox out there, it started walking toward me really slow, I was kind of scared thinking it may have been rabid, but I made a noise and it took off running. This was around 10 or so I guess that's a normal time for them to be out.
I'd have been concerned if it was 2:00 in the afternoon..

oldman

Lobster Land
I'm on the outskirts of Waldorf but surrounded by 10 acres of woods. I have deer that must live on the property because I see them daily. During mating season I've had as many as 9 in the yard but now it's just a few of the young ones. Had to shoot a fox some years ago because it came right up to the building and I couldn't scare it away, even ater I shot at it the first time. I don't get off on shooting things but in that case I thought it was best for all involved.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
oldman said:
I'm on the outskirts of Waldorf but surrounded by 10 acres of woods. I have deer that must live on the property because I see them daily. During mating season I've had as many as 9 in the yard but now it's just a few of the young ones. Had to shoot a fox some years ago because it came right up to the building and I couldn't scare it away, even ater I shot at it the first time. I don't get off on shooting things but in that case I thought it was best for all involved.

There was an article in the Maryland Independent about a nasty incident with a fox attacking a child and then when the medics came the fox came back out of the woods and attacked the tire on the ambulance. Broad daylight, I'm sure it was rabid and I feel for the girl that had to get the shots.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Bay_Kat said:
There was an article in the Maryland Independent about a nasty incident with a fox attacking a child and then when the medics came the fox came back out of the woods and attacked the tire on the ambulance. Broad daylight, I'm sure it was rabid and I feel for the girl that had to get the shots.
Good thing is rabies shots are nowhere near as bad and excrutiating as they used to be.

I remember being in the hospital when I was a kid, and a little girl across the hall from was getting the rabies series of shots every morning.. blood curdling screams.. but the vaccines went right into the abdomen. I understand now you still get a series of shots, but they are given in the arm or butt.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
itsbob said:
Good thing is rabies shots are nowhere near as bad and excrutiating as they used to be.

I remember being in the hospital when I was a kid, and a little girl across the hall from was getting the rabies series of shots every morning.. blood curdling screams.. but the vaccines went right into the abdomen. I understand now you still get a series of shots, but they are given in the arm or butt.

I remember when as a kid I was told they give them in the abdomen, very scary.