Snake on a Frame

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
This 3' black snake was camped out on the door frame waiting for a hummingbird. With a little help he left hungry.

Attachments

• 2007_05272007new0009.JPG
    2007_05272007new0009.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 310
  • 2007_05272007new0010.JPG
    2007_05272007new0010.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 298

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, THAT gave me the creeps! You go walking out your door and this friggin' snake drops down on your head. :jameo:

How would a snake get up there in the first place?

Now I'm going to be freaking out every time I walk out my door. :shudder:

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Sharon said:
This 3' black snake was camped out on the door frame waiting for a hummingbird. With a little help he left hungry.

Haha, that looks similar to the snake I pulled out of my parents chicken coop last summer. She (I used to work in a pet store so I know how to check for gender on snakes) was not too happy when I pulled her from her spot in the top corner of the coop near the door. My aunt was visiting from Ocala and the look on her face when I walked up with this snake was priceless.

Last edited:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Okay, THAT gave me the creeps! You go walking out your door and this friggin' snake drops down on your head. :jameo:

I should have saved it for you. It would scare the birds off your deck. :lmao:

M

Mousebaby

Sharon said:
Yours looks like it had a meal. :lol:

Actually, he had just regurgitated his breakfast cause my dogs where trying to eat him!! :barf:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sharon said:
I should have saved it for you. It would scare the birds off your deck.
Yeah, it would scare me off the deck, too :faint:

I don't know where you all are getting these snakes. I lived in a wooded area in Patuxent Beach for years and never saw a snake. Lived in Frederick for years and never saw a snake. Now all of a sudden everybody's infested with snakes.

:jameo:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
vraiblonde said:

I had that happen before..it was not pretty..

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
vraiblonde said:

I don't know where you all are getting these snakes. I lived in a wooded area in Patuxent Beach for years and never saw a snake. Lived in Frederick for years and never saw a snake. Now all of a sudden everybody's infested with snakes.

I've been to your house. You are SO gonna have snakes. :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BS Gal said:
I've been to your house. You are SO gonna have snakes.
:mad:

I lived surrounded by water last time I lived down here and didn't have snakes. Maybe the cats ate them.

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
vraiblonde said:

GLOBAL WARMING.............. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
I was down on the lower 40 checking out all the Bluebird boxes for nests when I saw a lil head sticking out of one of the boxes-dang if it wasn't a black snake! I removed the screw that holds on and out plopped a 5'er! Seems he was shedding and needed a safe place and a rough surface to shed his skin. I gathered him up and took him to the barn and put him in the loft.
I'm hoping that nest was used when he took up his temporary residence.

Hello6

Princess of Mean
One of the civilians at work thinks he's the original 'Crocodile Hunter' and will bring in snakes he's caught while out maintaining the facilities into the office to scare the bejesus out of the guys. I'm fascinated by what he brings but bitter that's he's scaring the snakes.
He brought a cotton mouth in yesterday. Very cool. Then I found out he killed it. Very uncool.

Anytime you want to relocate a snake, feel free to move it to my yard. I like snakes. Reptiles of all kinds actually. I was mulching my garden last night, using chuck co landfill mulch I stockpiled 2 years ago, and caught a mature skink and a juvenile skink that were living in the mulchpile. Just missed catching a second mature one. Put the 2 I caught in a 5 gallon bucket till the kiddos got home, showed them to them and thn let them go in the garden.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
vraiblonde said:

Snakes are good climbers. They also hang out in trees.

CMC122

Go Braves!
:faint:

My worst fear as a youngin' was going to work in one of the barnes and having a snake drop down on me:faint: