Some dont make it

I

Inkpen

Dispite all ones efforts, some rescues don't make it.
This wee bunny is a week old, its eyes are not yet open.
It had a broken back, and will be gently euthanized tomorrow.
After 36 hours of care and exams, there is no movement of the rear legs.
Sadly, its rear legs are its primary defence, and there is no way to mend them.
I am sad, and discouraged, but it is life, not all make it to release and after that, only a few survive to adulthood.
..............Thanks............

Attachments

• bunny.JPG
    bunny.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 173

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I heard Carolinas baby birds died too...no one got them to the rescue and you told me I could not feed them..:bawl:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Aw, poor little thing never had a chance. At least you tried to give it a shot at life. :huggy:

Last week, there was a little baby bunny huddled behind the trash can outside the door at my work. My coworkers gathered it up with the intentions of giving it so someone who rescues animals, but they found the mama outside frantically searching for it and released it back outside. Tonight, I saw a baby bunny munching on clover as I left work. I like to think it was the same one. :smile:

I

Inkpen

jazz lady said:
Aw, poor little thing never had a chance. At least you tried to give it a shot at life. :huggy:

Last week, there was a little baby bunny huddled behind the trash can outside the door at my work. My coworkers gathered it up with the intentions of giving it so someone who rescues animals, but they found the mama outside frantically searching for it and released it back outside. Tonight, I saw a baby bunny munching on clover as I left work. I like to think it was the same one. :smile:

:yay: and can they eat clover!! I picked a bunch, and in an hour,,it is gone!!

And bunnies are so fragile..so hard to rehab. But every one teaches me a bit more each time....sigh....

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Inkpen said:

And bunnies are so fragile..so hard to rehab. But every one teaches me a bit more each time....sigh....

Wild bunnies are VERY hard...they are worth the try but ALOT do not make it..

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Inkpen said:

Well, the one tonight was munching away at the clover and wasn't too concerned about me being around watching it. :lol:

Thanks again for all you do to save our furry and not-so-furry friends. :huggy:

I

Inkpen

jazz lady said:
Well, the one tonight was munching away at the clover and wasn't too concerned about me being around watching it. :lol:

Thanks again for all you do to save our furry and not-so-furry friends. :huggy:

Best place for a bunny to be is with its momma...
So many pick up bunnies thinking they are orphans.
Momma hides them by day and feeds them by night..otherwise larger animals that eat bunnies would find the nest and eat them.

We tell people to place 4 pieces of yarn in a square around the next, or with 2 make an "X" if yarn is not disturbed by next morning..babies are oprhans...get to rehabber asap.
Make sure you stimulate (make them pee and poop) them before feeding..if you are instructed to do so.

If yarn is messed up..momma is taking good care of them.

Always check a yard or field for bunny nests before you mow.

Cowgirl

I was walking last night, and there was a car coming towards me, several houses away....and a rabbit darted out in front of it. It was like slow motion....I'm silently screaming "NOOO!!" :bawl: The car ran over the rabbit, and I was expecting to see a mess on the road. The rabbit must have just been bounced around under the car. It hopped into the nearest yard...and went under a bush. The car didn't even stop...guess they thought it was ok. I snuck into the yard and tried to catch a peek of the rabbit...it saw me before I saw it...and darted away.

It's either going to be ok, or it's just in shock and not really going to be ok. :shrug: Hopefully it's fine.

Labs4Me

Inkpen said:
Dispite all ones efforts, some rescues don't make it.
This wee bunny is a week old, its eyes are not yet open.
It had a broken back, and will be gently euthanized tomorrow.
After 36 hours of care and exams, there is no movement of the rear legs.
Sadly, its rear legs are its primary defence, and there is no way to mend them.
I am sad, and discouraged, but it is life, not all make it to release and after that, only a few survive to adulthood.
..............Thanks............
So sorry Inkpen! :frown: