Roach leg floating in my...

M

Mousebaby

TEA!!! I went to Applebee's for lunch today. This is the one in front of Walmart on 235. I ate my lovely lunch and asked for a second glass of tea and when she finally showed up with it I saw something floating in it, it was a bug leg! I am fairly sure from the color that it was a roach leg! :barf: I asked to speak to the manager and he apologized and said he would make an adjustment to my check. I assumed I would not be paying for my lunch! WRONG!! He deducted the cost of my drink!! That's it!! I called corporate as soon as I got home and they wanted to give me a gift certificate, I said OH NO YOU DON'T :nono: I will NOT eat at Applebee's again!! She said we have other locations, I said NO Thank you! I said I wanted to be reimbursed for my visit and she said she had to contact someone higher then her that she would call me back. I'm still waiting! :tap:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Mousebaby said:
he apologized and said he would make an adjustment to my check.
That was good... but did he say anything about ridding his restaurant of its unwanted visitors? :confused:

M

Mousebaby

hvp05 said:
That was good... but did he say anything about ridding his restaurant of its unwanted visitors? :confused:

NO actually he didn't and just reimbursing me for the drink is not what I call fair in this situation! I was literally sick to my stomach after that and had to sit there and wait for my daughter, who was not phased by the leg, to finish her lunch! The longer I sat there the sicker I got! :barf:

W

Wenchy

It's just protein. Also, at least it was a floater. Imagine what might have been in that lovely lunch you consumed. :lmao:

I read a study about peanut butter years ago and the insect parts that were found would blow your mind. I stopped eating peanut butter years before that, but both of my kids still eat it. http://www.uky.edu/Ag/Entomology/ythfacts/bugfood/bugfood2.htm

I guess I just don't see that big of a deal, BUT because it was visible, you should not have had to pay for lunch.

Mikeinsmd

Mousebaby said:
TEA!!! I went to Applebee's for lunch today. This is the one in front of Walmart on 235. I ate my lovely lunch and asked for a second glass of tea and when she finally showed up with it I saw something floating in it, it was a bug leg! I am fairly sure from the color that it was a roach leg! :barf: I asked to speak to the manager and he apologized and said he would make an adjustment to my check. I assumed I would not be paying for my lunch! WRONG!! He deducted the cost of my drink!! That's it!! I called corporate as soon as I got home and they wanted to give me a gift certificate, I said OH NO YOU DON'T :nono: I will NOT eat at Applebee's again!! She said we have other locations, I said NO Thank you! I said I wanted to be reimbursed for my visit and she said she had to contact someone higher then her that she would call me back. I'm still waiting! :tap:
Why would you expect to eat for free? I think what he & corporate did was appropriate. You even commented it was a
lovely lunch
:shrug:

M

Mousebaby

Mikeinsmd said:
Why would you expect to eat for free? I think what he & corporate did was appropriate. You even commented it was a :shrug:

That was sarcasm, and Corporate contacted this Applebee's and they are issuing me a full refund as they should! I have never been so disgusted in my life!

And as for eating peanut butter, I don't, just for that simple fact of how many bugs are ground up into it! :shuddering: :twitch:

Mikeinsmd

Mousebaby said:
That was sarcasm, and Corporate contacted this Applebee's and they are issuing me a full refund as they should! I have never been so disgusted in my life!

And as for eating peanut butter, I don't, just for that simple fact of how many bugs are ground up into it! :shuddering: :twitch:
Dear Mousey,

I've watched so much Judge Judy, COPS & court TV that I am now a qualified attorney.

You ate your meal, therefore the court would not award you a full refund. :nono:

Yours in law,

Mikeinsmd Esq.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
You sure it was not a piece of tea leaf?? Really you should have kept the leg and posted a pic here of it..you knew we would ask for it ...at least I would..

M

Mousebaby

Pasofever said:
You sure it was not a piece of tea leaf?? Really you should have kept the leg and posted a pic here of it..you knew we would ask for it ...at least I would..

It was part of the thigh, the knee, and the calf of said bug leg. I know bug legs when I see them and so did that manager, he turned several shades of green and white! :lmao:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Mousebaby said:
It was part of the thigh, the knee, and the calf of said bug leg. I know bug legs when I see them and so did that manager, he turned several shades of green and white! :lmao:

Yeah if it was that thigh and knee part that is kinda bad.. :lmao: I still would have taken a pic of it with my cell floating in my tea and posted it here right from the restaurant..

M

Mousebaby

Pasofever said:
Yeah if it was that thigh and knee part that is kinda bad.. :lmao: I still would have taken a pic of it with my cell floating in my tea and posted it here right from the restaurant..

Nope, did not even think about it, I was too busy trying not to :barf:

:lol:

hvp05

Wenchy said:
I read a study about peanut butter years ago and the insect parts that were found would blow your mind.
I heard about this a long time ago and thought my friends were crazy. Seeing numbers on it... I still don't think there is anything to go :jameo: over.

Using the peanut butter example, their sample size was 100g. 100g = 3.53 oz. The average person probably uses only about .75 oz on one sandwich, which would come out to ~12 fragments/sandwich.

This may still sound like a lot, but they don't define what a "fragment" is. Something microscopic is probably not much of a threat. And notice, they did not test for bacteria counts on the "fragments"; odd, considering that is what would actually make someone sick.

I think it's also funny how they discussed bug recipes. Eating a cooked, prepared bug is rather different than eating one that, 5 minutes ago was crawling on the floor, and somehow ended up losing a leg in one's food.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
It's still better than finding a very long human hair in your nachos. Right, RoseRed? :lmao:

M

Mousebaby

hvp05 said:
I heard about this a long time ago and thought my friends were crazy. Seeing numbers on it... I still don't think there is anything to go :jameo: over.

Using the peanut butter example, their sample size was 100g. 100g = 3.53 oz. The average person probably uses only about .75 oz on one sandwich, which would come out to ~12 fragments/sandwich.

This may still sound like a lot, but they don't define what a "fragment" is. Something microscopic is probably not much of a threat. And notice, they did not test for bacteria counts on the "fragments"; odd, considering that is what would actually make someone sick.

I think it's also funny how they discussed bug recipes. Eating a cooked, prepared bug is rather different than eating one that, 5 minutes ago was crawling on the floor, and somehow ended up losing a leg in one's food.

Well, I WAS eating a bowl of fruit, but now I'm not! Thanks :huggy:

hvp05

Mikeinsmd said:
Why would you expect to eat for free?
The average manager would probably reimburse at least a portion of the meal just to keep the person quiet and prevent a scene. :shrug:

What I don't understand is... why allow your daughter to continue eating if you were so :yikes:? :confused:

Mikeinsmd

hvp05 said:
The average manager would probably reimburse at least a portion of the meal just to keep the person quiet and prevent a scene. :shrug:

What I don't understand is... why allow your daughter to continue eating if you were so :yikes:? :confused:
Agreed.

Now I must go study the Cannons of Ethics.

Night you turds!! :howdy: