Vera's Beach Club

USNavyMike

I would like to give a shout out to the owners of Vera's in White Sands. If you haven't had the chance to get by there please do so as I am sure you will be very glad you did. Not only have they totally renovated the club. On Friday and Saturday nights they have bands playing, they have also completed the piers for you boaters, the beach is now complete as well. On June 23rd they will have thier 1 year Regrand openning. This should be one heck of a party. The only thing I would say that needs improving would be thier menu. They are in need of a larger menu with more bar foods. The staff there are wonderful and always attentive to your needs. I for one have found a fun place to hang out at!!!

Tina2001aniT

USNavyMike said:
I would like to give a shout out to the owners of Vera's in White Sands. If you haven't had the chance to get by there please do so as I am sure you will be very glad you did. Not only have they totally renovated the club. On Friday and Saturday nights they have bands playing, they have also completed the piers for you boaters, the beach is now complete as well. On June 23rd they will have thier 1 year Regrand openning. This should be one heck of a party. The only thing I would say that needs improving would be thier menu. They are in need of a larger menu with more bar foods. The staff there are wonderful and always attentive to your needs. I for one have found a fun place to hang out at!!!

Let me guess, at the one year regrand opening you will be announcing a larger menu with more bar foods??

USNavyMike

Tina2001aniT said:
Let me guess, at the one year regrand opening you will be announcing a larger menu with more bar foods??

ahh no, I will be announcing that anyone named Tina is banned from Vera's... :lmao:

jenbengen

Watch it
USNavyMike said:

Do they have a website? We have been considering going there with the boat but have no idea what is there.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
mizteresa1965 said:
the website is http://verasbeachclub.com/

My childhood friend is the owner. Her (Lisa) and Steve have done a fantastic job renovating inside and outside.

I went a few weeks ago and it was nice the band was good, she just needs to work on her menu. I'll probably go tonight and see what band is playing. So far I hear all of the bands she gets are pretty good.

USNavyMike

Bay_Kat said:
I went a few weeks ago and it was nice the band was good, she just needs to work on her menu. I'll probably go tonight and see what band is playing. So far I hear all of the bands she gets are pretty good.

If you go tonight, at least you get to meet me!!! :razz:

Bay_Kat said:
I just printed out the menu... what's wrong with her menu selections...:confused:

ohstate

kwillia said:
I just printed out the menu... what's wrong with her menu selections...:confused:

Maybe it's the kitchen's execution of the menu, rather than the selections? Just a guess.

ohstate said:
Maybe it's the kitchen's execution of the menu, rather than the selections? Just a guess.
Based on her post, I expected to find a very limited menu. I would think if she had issue with the quality of the food she would have said so... I have never been there and I'm confused as to what she didn't like about Vera's.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
kwillia said:

The food was delicious. My husband got the crab cake sandwich, I think it was 18 bucks which is a little much for a sandwich but he got fries and a pickle with it. I got the steamer platter which included clams, mussels and shrimp, I think it was 23 or 27 dollars and there were no sides, no salad, no bread or anything, just clams mussels and shrimp. Like I said the food was great, but for the price of the steamer platter, it should at least come with cole slaw, fries or something. But the menu is a little deceiving because the prices don't really line up with the food, so you're thinking your paying one price but in fact the cost is the higher price. All in all the place in wonderful, I just think the menu needs a little work.

Bay_Kat said:
The food was delicious. My husband got the crab cake sandwich, I think it was 18 bucks which is a little much for a sandwich but he got fries and a pickle with it. I got the steamer platter which included clams, mussels and shrimp, I think it was 23 or 27 dollars and there were no sides, no salad, no bread or anything, just clams mussels and shrimp. Like I said the food was great, but for the price of the steamer platter, it should at least come with cole slaw, fries or something. But the menu is a little deceiving because the prices don't really line up with the food, so you're thinking your paying one price but in fact the cost is the higher price. All in all the place in wonderful, I just think the menu needs a little work.
Gotcha. all good to know... :yay:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
USNavyMike said:
Hell with hi, swap some spit and lets bump uglies! :love:

:lmao: Nice seeing you there Friday night, your bark is worse than your bite. The band was awesome, I sure hope they come back. What a great crowd, the place was packed, got a great parking space though....patience is a virtue. :killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Vera's last night...

...the Cajun Salmon was real good; call it a 8.5-10. Everyone else at our table enjoyed their food. Pitchers of beer!!!!! Sat outside. Great atmosphere. Definitely will go back.

Ask for Megan. And Kristen, our hostess, made us welcome right away. Good job, peeps!

Edit;

Crab balls were good, call them a 7. Nachos were a 7.

There is a noisy ass vent pipe that sounds like a little tractor.
Comes on and off.

The Key Lime pie was not Key Lime.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
...the Cajun Salmon was real good;
Really REALLY good :yum:

I had the Ricco's pasta and would order it again. Pitchers of beer was a nice surprise. None of the rest of us even noticed the vent pipe until Larry pointed it out. The Key Lime pie was better than most restaurants put out, but Megan said they're not going to be serving it anymore.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
PS, apparently they "overcook" their seafood, but that's the way I like it so it was perfect to me.