When would you walk out?

When would you file for Divorce?

• Never! I said "Until death do us part" and I meant it!

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • If I caught my spouse cheating

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • If the relationship became abusive

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • If your spouse starting acting like a mental patient

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
K

Kain99

Everybody loved yesterdays poll so much... I thought I'd post another one. :biggrin:

SxyPrincess

I usually try my hardest to make a relationship work. I don't like drama, and I'm not one to be controlled. I believe in 1 or 2 chances, but then you have to wonder if it's really worth it...:shrug:

Honestly, for me it would depend on the situation.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by kwillia
I need a verdict here... shouldn't we be able to click both the "when spouse caught cheating" and "til death do us part" buttons at same time.... :confused:

That click comes with the hammer fall. :wink:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I need a verdict here... shouldn't we be able to click both the "when spouse caught cheating" and "til death do us part" buttons at same time.... :confused:
:yeahthat:
If my partner wants to cheat on me, then they don't need to be in a relationship with me.
If my partner was to become abusive, the first time is the last time - I will fight back, I will call the law and I will shoot your arse if all else fails.
If my partner was to become seriously mentally ill, I would be supportive, unless he became a danger to his, mine or the dawg's welfare. Otherwise if he is just acting mental and playing litlle mind trips, he had better get to stepping.
I don't put up with bs. If I am in a relationship and I get lied to that's it, I'm done. I don't play little whack job games with people and I sure as heck don't want them to play them with me. Of course, I have put up with more crap from some people because I cared about them a lot, but enough is enough. To have a repetitive negative behavior repeat itself is not a happy situation to be in and I am not dragging myself down just to "be in a relationship".

K

Kain99

Originally posted by migtig
To have a repetitive negative behavior repeat itself is not a happy situation to be in and I am not dragging myself down just to "be in a relationship".

Hope your reading all this dpete! :biggrin:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Not enough choices

Where's the button that says, "When you've spent all his money and it's time to move on?"

Or the one that says, "I need to find myself, I need more space!"

How about, "My boyfirend finally decided to divorce his wife and marry me, so I'm leaving."

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah, not enough...

...choices.

Why, just last night, she took away MY remote, using some arcane argument that I "have it every single second of our relationship" and MADE me watch American Idol (or "Pop Idol" according to idiot judge #4). She actually said "well, you can go watch something else in the other room just this once". IMAGINE!Well, now you've had YOUR "seconds".

I can only take so much of this.

K

Kain99

So Kain, Have we helped you decide whether to leave him or not...:bubble:

Listen here smarty pants.... That thread had absolutely nothing to do with me.! :wink:

J

justhangn

So Kain, Have we helped you decide whether to leave him or not...:bubble:

I think you’re onto something Kwillia……..

I think this is a devious ploy between Kain and SmallTown to finally get together and live in harmony.
:lmao:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by justhangn
I think you’re onto something Kwillia……..

I think this is a devious ploy between Kain and SmallTown to finally get together and live in harmony.
:lmao:

Man, my name gets brought up in a lot of threads.

Besides, everyone knows the best way for a married person to cheat, is to cheat with another married person. That way neither will be inclined to spill the beans. :biggrin:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by SmallTown
Besides, everyone knows the best way for a married person to cheat, is to cheat with another married person. That way neither will be inclined to spill the beans. :biggrin:

grinning-smiley-003.gif
What a concept.....why didn't I think of that and start dating years ago?? :cool:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
This is a hard call to make. I said forever and I meant it because my spouse is not the type to cheat or be abusive. I wouldn't have married him if he was. He's also not very good at keeping secrets from me, so he couldn't hide these traits from me. If at some point he becomes a mental case, I'd have to believe that it was a true illness, not a personality trait and I'd feel compelled to stand by him.

That said, I think abuse would be the fastest way to make me cut ties. I can see how cheating MIGHT be excused in some rare cases. But I can't ever see getting seriously involved with a mental case.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
As far as I am concerned...

...marriage is a legal contract. When the terms and conditions have been violated, it may be time to seek remedy.

If there is still a mutual desire to keep the contract, errors and omissions can be rectified, fines paid, late fees, corrections and apologies (and acceptance there of). If mutual accomodation cannot be re-achieved, well, null and void enters the picture at some point, nes pas?

As a patient man once said "only time will tell"...

Now, about this remote business...