Gym and "Dieting"

Ender

Undercover Geek
Alright, I'll be the first to say that I'm a pretty chubby guy. The only problem is that..I don't want to be as chubby any more. Alright, well.. I'm originally from here - but I've spent some time in the UK (London) as well. While I'm here in town, I'm looking for a good gym (40-50 a month, at most - including classes, weights, cardio..). 24/7 would be nice; but not mandatory, since I have to get there on my own merit at the moment anyways (bicycling, walking). I'm normally not too far from "downtown" Leonardtown (somewhat reasonable distance from Food Lion/McKay's, etc). I'm thinking about the World Gym; but I haven't even gone to check it out yet - to be honest. Thinking of going some time this week definitely.

I used to go to a gym in London for a while, my max bench is about 300-310 (depending on certain days and energy levels, obviously). I'm trying to watch how much I eat, and eating more salads and such as well. My wife (who's in London at the moment) is working on the "Slimming World" diet - which is working great for her (so I might aim to work with the same diet). This means days are seperated into "red days" and "green days". Let me explain:

Red Days: Most fruits and vegetables, white fish, lean meats, and eggs. [plus you can have milk, cheese, bread, grains, beans, potatoes and dried fruits - but in very little dosages).

Green Days: Fruit and Vegetables, grains, beans, pasta, tofu, and eggs. (plus you can have milk, cheese, bread, dried fruit, nuts and seeds, meat, and fish - in small dosages).

Of course, there are "Syn" items (sweets, basically) that you can have one or two of (small sweets, like a bite-sized candy bar or a dessert cup). I'm kind of on a tofu/soy kick lately; even though it's incredibly expensive over here (as far as I've seen thus far). The "Fresh Foods and Health" (I think that's what it's called) shop on Fenwick St. has some really nice organic foods - but you can get "decent" quality tofu from Food Lion for about $2.30-4.50. Thinking about going on a tofu diet for a while as well - at least until I get some weight loss in (about 15+ lbs).

My questions are:

1.) What gym would you recommend? (based on my desires in a gym - it's not mandatory that it's 24/7, as aforementioned)
2.) Any nice recipe websites you're fond of that has healthy alternatives?
3.) Any assistance is good assistance! Thanks =)

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Ender said:
1.) What gym would you recommend? (based on my desires in a gym - it's not mandatory that it's 24/7, as aforementioned)

Pick the gym that is closest to you. If it's a pain in the ass to go, eventually you'll stop going.

B

Big Fatty

Ender said:
2.) Any nice recipe websites you're fond of that has healthy alternatives?
3.) Any assistance is good assistance! Thanks =)

#1) Lugnut is right just pick one and go.
#2) John Beradi.com
#3) Keep asking questions!