• S7300035res.JPG
    S7300035res.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 219
  • S7300037res.JPG
    S7300037res.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 172
I

Inkpen

Cute dude...it is still small...how old? How long do they live and how long to they grow???
Snakes are awesome!! :yay:

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Thanks. I just messed with him, so he was still curled up.

Hard to say how old really. Somewhere close to 19-20 months I believe. He's about 3 feet and last I weighed him- which I'm overdue for if my records are right- was on the 29th of January and he weighed 460 grams, which is rather small. Ball Pythons usually max out at about 5 FT and about 3000 grams or so. Life span in captivity is about 20 to 30 years.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
We had a BP and then a Boa. The Boa got REALLY big. We had to get the big rats to feed him. We finally sold it. He was actually kind of dangerous cause he was so strong.

Chain729

BS Gal said:
We had a BP and then a Boa. The Boa got REALLY big. We had to get the big rats to feed him. We finally sold it. He was actually kind of dangerous cause he was so strong.

Little guy is on small, thawed rats. A Boa wouldn't worry me too much, constrictors are strong by nature, and Boa's don't get big enough to eat you so unless they feel threatened... A Burmese on the other hand, at full size could look at me like a snack and that would worry me eventhough most of the big snake deaths are due to some young male being drunk and stupid.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Chain729 said:
Little guy is on small, thawed rats. A Boa wouldn't worry me too much, constrictors are strong by nature, and Boa's don't get big enough to eat you so unless they feel threatened... A Burmese on the other hand, at full size could look at me like a snack and that would worry me eventhough most of the big snake deaths are due to some young male being drunk and stupid.
The Boa we had could have strangled us. He got so big that I did not feel comfortable having him out. God forbid he got around your neck. He was really strong. I wasn't comfortable with him.

M

Mousebaby

This is my Blue Tongued Skink named Abby. She's spoiled ROTTEN! :lol:

We also have 3 Fire Bellied Toads, but they are kinda hard to get a pic of.

Chain729

Mousebaby said:
This is my Blue Tongued Skink named Abby. She's spoiled ROTTEN! :lol:

We also have 3 Fire Bellied Toads, but they are kinda hard to get a pic of.

They're cute. Seeing that skink makes me wish I picked up a few monitors when I possibly had the chance.

M

Mousebaby

Chain729 said:
They're cute. Seeing that skink makes me wish I picked up a few monitors when I possibly had the chance.

She's really sweet! She loves to be handled and petted. She also loves to be taken outside in the sunshine. I carry her around a lot. She has went to sleep in my lap many times, she loves to snuggle. I just have to make sure I wash my hands before I handle her because if she smells anything that makes her think of food watch out! She will take a bite! :lmao:

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
Chain729 said:
Here's my BP. Anyone else?
Makes me wanna sing :getdown: :
Yknow, my python boot is too tight
I couldnt get it off last night
A week went by, an now its july
I finally got it off
An my girl-friend cry
You got stink foot! stink foot, darlin
Your stink foot puts a hurt on my nose!