Time to go shopping

fuzzyng

Well folks, tonight I think I'm going to Wal-Mart and Tagret and get me a few new toys... this whole cable access thing has been eating at my head, and I wanna do it... so... i need a few questions answered, about software, and such...

Best video editing software in a decent price range. I have this thing called Personal AVI Editor, and with the hardware I'm looking to get, i could use that, but i was wondering if anyone knew of anything as good...?

3D Animating programs... I have a REAL nice 3D landscape program, called Bryce, but it's a bitcharoni to use for like normal animation... IE: It makes GREAT backdrops, and you can do some really cool fly bys and stuff, but to animate someone walking through the landscape... :( :barf: WAY too hard to master... i mean, of course it's possible, just a PITA...

Music Creation Software... i've seen some good ones, but i can never find them when I need them... I remember seeing MusicMaker (or something like that) years ago... an i know that Playstaion has that MTV-MusicGenerator, but do they have one for the computer than I can export stuff from it? just wonderin...

Thanks all! :D

fuzzyng

*drools and grunts*

man... Anyone wanna by raffle tickets to help me pay for this stuff? *LMAO* actually, i'm thinking about just doing video as a hobby... I need one that'll get me outta my computer chair, more often... maybe i'll send some stuff to channel 10 and see if they'd give me some free air time :D

C

crispo

what type of music software are you wanting? mixman studio is pretty cool for mixing and playing around... it's set up like turntables... but if it's just for editting, i like musicmatch and of sound forge

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The absolute best music editing/creation software is Cool Edit Pro. If anyone else knows of anything better, please share. But my experience is that this is a phenominal program.

If all you really want to do is rip and burn CDs or convert to different formats, MusicMatch Jukebox is the best I've found. It'll also let you use it to play music but anything will let you do that.