Abscessed Tooth

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
Misery loves company so hear I sit with a abscessed tooth enduring pain like no other. What makes the experience odd is that the tooth enflammed two hours after recieving a couple bee stings while mowing the lawn. Up to that point I had no clue there was an infection of the tooth and that could have been there for years if not decades. I felt like hitting my thumb with a hammer just to distract the pain from my jaw.

ShyGirl

High EGT said:
Misery loves company so hear I sit with a abscessed tooth enduring pain like no other. What makes the experience odd is that the tooth enflammed two hours after recieving a couple bee stings while mowing the lawn. Up to that point I had no clue there was an infection of the tooth and that could have been there for years if not decades. I felt like hitting my thumb with a hammer just to distract the pain from my jaw.

:bonk: Have hammer, will travel! :huggy:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Don't let it go.... :nono: I did and just about killed myself. The infection started to travel up my jaw to the point my eye was swelling shut. Dentist told me I was close to having the infection get to my brain. He took care of the abcess and put me on heavy duty antibiotics. I had a root canal go bad. When I complained to the dentist he said you shouldn't be feeling pain there's nothing there.. I went for a year before with little pain hre and there , then it just flared up. And if ya think it hurts now...Naw just wait...... Good Luck... :howdy:

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
Someone gave me red Karma for saying to get an antibiotic. F you.

Hope you feel better soon High. Usually takes 2 days for an antibiotic to start working it's magic and take the pain away. In the meantime, you can enjoy pain medication.

High EGT

Richard Cranium said:
On the TV show "Deadliest Catch" one of the guys on the Cornelia Marie yanked a tooth with a pair of pliers.

Ya I had to turn the channel on that one......
Didn,t Tom Hanks do some self dental work using some ice skates while stranded on an Island?

High EGT

Chain729 said:
:yeahthat: And either the tooth pulled or a root canal. I just had to have that done a few weeks back.

Its a front incissor so I opted for root canal in August

High EGT

mingiz said:
Don't let it go.... :nono: I did and just about killed myself. The infection started to travel up my jaw to the point my eye was swelling shut. Dentist told me I was close to having the infection get to my brain. He took care of the abcess and put me on heavy duty antibiotics. I had a root canal go bad. When I complained to the dentist he said you shouldn't be feeling pain there's nothing there.. I went for a year before with little pain hre and there , then it just flared up. And if ya think it hurts now...Naw just wait...... Good Luck... :howdy:

Oh S**t dude you got worried now and acknowledge your pain did exceed my threshhold.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
High EGT said:

4 200mg Motrin. :yay: every 4 hrs.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
Root canal is good option. You don't want to walk around without a front tooth. Good news is that a root canal on incisor is pretty easy. You could always pull it and get a partial :killingme

High EGT

Just for the record the dentist did say the infection had been there for some time but was dormant and that the body protected it from spreading. What makes this event interesting is about two hours prior to my tooth starting to ach I attacked by yellow jackets while mowing the lawn and stung twice. Is there a connection? The dentist would not dispute or support that bee venom enflammed the infection. I guess this could be termed a Double Wammy.

BlackSheep

mingiz said:
Don't let it go.... :nono: I did and just about killed myself. The infection started to travel up my jaw to the point my eye was swelling shut. Dentist told me I was close to having the infection get to my brain. He took care of the abcess and put me on heavy duty antibiotics. I had a root canal go bad. When I complained to the dentist he said you shouldn't be feeling pain there's nothing there.. I went for a year before with little pain here and there , then it just flared up. And if ya think it hurts now...Naw just wait...... Good Luck... :howdy:
I once had a young patient who died from an absessed tooth-infection went to his heart-ain't nuthin to mess with!

TWLs wife

High EGT said:
An Abscessed Tooth can put you in the hosptial. It is a bad infection in your mouth. You need to go to a densts right away.

TWLs wife

High EGT said:
Just for the record the dentist did say the infection had been there for some time but was dormant and that the body protected it from spreading. What makes this event interesting is about two hours prior to my tooth starting to ach I attacked by yellow jackets while mowing the lawn and stung twice. Is there a connection? The dentist would not dispute or support that bee venom enflammed the infection. I guess this could be termed a Double Wammy.
Don't risk it. Get it treated right away.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I just went thru that, also. I was scheduled for a root canal, but once it started to ache, they gave me antibiotics and pain meds for the tooth. It felt better and the infection was healed before they could get me in a few weeks later. Get it taken care of. I had a bad time.

mingiz

Horse Poor
High EGT said:
Oh S**t dude you got worried now and acknowledge your pain did exceed my threshhold.

Glad that you got it taken care of....I'd rather have my arm cut off than go through that again..... :lmao: