Car products

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I know this was mentioned in a thread before but I'm not having much luck finding it. Someone mentioned a product that is made for removing the fog look from headlight covers. One of my hubby's headlight covers is very foggy so it always looks like one light is on dim and the other on high beam. Thanks for any info you can give. Enjoy your weekend

E

(((echo)))

I think it's called the "flitz" you attatch it to a drill and it's basicly a high speed buffer

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Any fine grit polishing compound will work. Chrome polish, metal polish, silver polish etc.
I'll bet it's the left cover. That side of the car is exposed to more grit/dirt kicked up by oncoming traffic. It's the dust and dirt that's scratching the cover and giving it a fogged look. All you need is to smooth out the scratches.

Last edited:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure he really cares but it bugs the hell out of me, lol.

C

czygvtwkr

Plastix made by Meguires. Advance Auto on Great Mills road is where I got it. It made my plastic headlights look like new from a cloudy yellowish to crystal clear in 5 minutes.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
czygvtwkr said:
Plastix made by Meguires. Advance Auto on Great Mills road is where I got it. It made my plastic headlights look like new from a cloudy yellowish to crystal clear in 5 minutes.

That might be the stuff mentioned before. I'll check it out, thanks :)

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
czygvtwkr said:

PlastX is great for very light fogging/scratches. It is a consumer level product and is pretty eay to use. I recommend using a cleam foam waxpad to start with. It may take several applications as it is very mild.

If something a little more aggresive is needed. Meguiar's also makes a 3 part system. PlastX is 2 products in one. The three part system is a litte more agressive. But always go with the least agressive method first before going with anything more agressive.

I keep all of the products listed on the following website onhand as they are great for getting rid of scratches of sunglasses and other things as well.

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/clear_plastic_care.htm