New fruit

To me anyway. Someone brought in a piece of fruit that he was given. It was between the size of a Kiwi and a large grape. It had a skin that was tan and had to be peeled sort of like a pomgranate. The flesh was very light green and clear. Taste was sort of sweet and consistancy was exactly like a grape. It had a little brownish red seed about the size of an M&M. What was it?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
There is a list of hybrid fruits, but I don't recognize it from your description.

You should try a pluot. :yay:

Pete

Repete
desertrat said:
To me anyway. Someone brought in a piece of fruit that he was given. It was between the size of a Kiwi and a large grape. It had a skin that was tan and had to be peeled sort of like a pomgranate. The flesh was very light green and clear. Taste was sort of sweet and consistancy was exactly like a grape. It had a little brownish red seed about the size of an M&M. What was it?
Perssimon maybe?

red_explorer

Scuppernong grapes

desertrat said:

If the person was down in North Carolina, it was probably Scuppernong grapes, a type of Muscadine grapes. They have a thick skin that you have to peel to eat, but are much bigger than grapes around here. St. Mary's is right on the top of the map they grow in, but I have not been able to get them to survive here. They make really good wine. Some people call them beach grapes, and you can pick them growing wild in the Dunes in Carova and Pennys Hill.

red_explorer said:
If the person was down in North Carolina, it was probably Scuppernong grapes, a type of Muscadine grapes. They have a thick skin that you have to peel to eat, but are much bigger than grapes around here. St. Mary's is right on the top of the map they grow in, but I have not been able to get them to survive here. They make really good wine. Some people call them beach grapes, and you can pick them growing wild in the Dunes in Carova and Pennys Hill.
Close, but it only had one largish seed not several as described. Not a persimmon either, I know what those are.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Sounds like a goose berry, but the skin color is wrong. They grow in England (same climate as here)

Aerogal said:
D. Fruit: a ovoid pome (1-2 inch); Generally yellow-orange, glabrous skin with red blush. The pulp is white to yellow-orange, very juicy, sweet to subacid in flavor, containing 3-5 relatively large, brown seeds. Fruits are easily bruised and may have an unattractive external appearance. The taste and texture "suggest plum, lychee, grape, and cherry" (Schneider). Fruits ripen in March in Florida, May/June in California.
Pretty close, but it only had one seed about 1/4" in diameter. Pulp was more greenish too. The taste sounds right on.