What NOT to do as a parent!

J

justhangn

Boy Backs Over, Kills 4-Year-Old Sister On Driveway
2-Year-Old Accidentally Puts SUV In Gear

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- A 4-year-old Broadmoor Bluffs girl died after her 2-year-old brother, playing in the driver's seat, put the family vehicle in gear and backed over her as she played in their driveway.

Police said Adreanna Cook was standing behind the 2001 GMC Yukon as her mother washed the vehicle at their home on the 700 block of Elk Glen Court around 5:15 p.m Saturday.

The vehicle was parked on a steep incline, and the ignition was on so the girl's mother could listen to the radio as she cleaned the truck, police said.

The mother was standing outside the sport utility vehicle, just behind the girl, when the truck started rolling. She was unable to stop the truck from rolling over her daughter because of the steep grade of the driveway, said police officer Bob Vigio.

The SUV came to a stop at a neighbor's front yard.

Adreanna was pronounced dead a short time later at Memorial Hospital. She suffered massive head and body injuries.

Neighbor Marilyn Gandy said the family's 5-year-old daughter tried to comfort the family Sunday. She told her mom everything would be all right and told her grandmother she saw a bright star and that it was Adreanna, Gandy said.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by RoseRed
Tragic accident. :frown:

I totally blame the dimwit mother for having the vehicle running to listen to the radio!!

Doesn't she know that she can just turn the key backward to auxiliary to listen to the radio or GOD forbid she turn on a stereo in the house.

"Parents ignorance kills child" is how it should have been reported.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
She's even dumber for letting the 2 year old play inside while it was running. He would've had to have been climbing on the steering wheel to get it into gear.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I thought with most vehicles, it wouldn't even go into gear (from park) without your foot being planted firmly on the brake. :confused:

K

Kain99

Hind Sight is Always 20/20

As hard as we all try everyday to be perfect Mommy's and Daddy's sometimes, even though we should have realized..... Horrible things happen. :bawl: ~Really~

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This was not an accident at all. This was negligence - pure and simple. Retard Mom not watching her kids - splat. Now the enviro-nuts are going to have another SUV death for their statistics - "If it had been a bicycle, the girl would have lived!!!". Thanks, you Colorado retard.

K

Kizzy

That surprises me that this accident even happened. I have a 1999 Toyota 4 Runner now and before this, I had a 1992 Ford Explorer, neither could be put into gear unless, like Christy said, my foot was planted firmly on the brake.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
The car could have been a 5-speed. If you park the car in neutral with the emergency brake on, the child would have only had to release the e-brake for it to roll down the steep driveway.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
GMC Yukon, probably the standard automatic column mounted shifter. If I recall you just pull back and down.

GuessWho

Parking brake Failed.
Not to mention a safety flaw in GM vehicles
that allows you to move the shift column
when the ignition is in between the on and
off position.

GuessWho

Once you have tested this theory then post your results
in this forum so the Colorado retard mother can understand
why they would put safety features on a vehicle when the
ignition is in the "on" (must apply brake to shift) and "off" (cannot
shift) postition and not in between (do what ever you want).
Now where is the negligence?

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
but it's important to note:
Rollaway accidents can occur when a child, left alone in a vehicle with the key in the ignition turned to the on position — even if the car is not running — moves the gearshift out of park, sending the car rolling.

that this remains a lack of parental responsibility. What idiot leaves their kid in a car with keys in the ignition to "play" while you are washing it :shrug: even if you were right there, you'd have to have the door or a window open so they don't suffocate, and you are getting water in your car. :duh: :confused:

there's only one "person" right now that comes to mind as capable of this low a level of stupidity. :bubble:

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by crabcake
there's only one "person" right now that comes to mind as capable of this low a level of stupidity. :bubble:
would their initials be TIGGER6035 by any chance? :shrug: