Sea shells

S

sh4au

Do any beaches around here have good seashells? I collect them.. haven't found what exactly I want to do with them yet though.. thought about putting them in like a clear bowl/vase type thing & making them a center piece.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Most popular is probably Calvert Cliffs State Park.

Over 600 species of fossils have been identified from these cliffs, with the teeth of various species of shark as the most abundant fossils. The park is 14 miles south of Prince Frederick on Maryland Routes 2 & 4.

I'm sure there are other nice spots though.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
FireBrand said:
Do broken 'Rolling Rock' bottles count as sea shells ?
There ya go - a nice renewable supply.

FB may even make "woosh" sounds while you're picking through them so you'll feel like you're actually at the beach. :lol:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hvp05 said:
There ya go - a nice renewable supply.

FB may even make "woosh" sounds while you're picking through them so you'll feel like you're actually at the beach. :lol:

Indeed by gawd! even got some old ones ! :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
sh4au said:
Do any beaches around here have good seashells?
No beaches anywhere have "good" seashells. By the time they get to the beach, the animal has long died and the shell has been sanded down by wave action and the sand.

red_explorer

Flag Ponds

aps45819 said:
No beaches anywhere have "good" seashells. By the time they get to the beach, the animal has long died and the shell has been sanded down by wave action and the sand.

Flag Ponds was rated by MSN in April as one of the top places to go shelling in the country. It's in Calvert County. I was really surprised, but hear it's true.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
aps45819 said:

Pawleys Island, South Carolina has awesome shells....and often with the "animal" still in residence.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
cattitude said:
Pawleys Island, South Carolina has awesome shells....and often with the "animal" still in residence.
My son and I found shell parts from a loggerhead turtle on a barrier island just Outside of Georgetown, SC last week.

Back to the original question, Calvert Cliffs is goning to be your best bet, just don't pull shells out of the cliff itself. I do believe that this is illegal.