The Omnivore's Dilemma

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
I really enjoyed this book!

"Every time you go into a grocery store you are voting with your dollars, and what goes into cart has real repercussions on the future of the earth. But although we have choices, few of us are aware of exactly what they are. Michael Pollan's beautifully written book could change that. He tears down the walls that separate us from what we eat, and forces us to be more responsible eaters. Reading this book is a wonderful, life-changing experience."
(Ruth Rachel, editor in chief, Gourmet magazine.)

Not too sure about the "life changing experience" thingy, but its a great read.

Attachments

• OD.jpg
    OD.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 150

Cowgirl

nhboy said:
I really enjoyed this book!

"Every time you go into a grocery store you are voting with your dollars, and what goes into cart has real repercussions on the future of the earth. But although we have choices, few of us are aware of exactly what they are. Michael Pollan's beautifully written book could change that. He tears down the walls that separate us from what we eat, and forces us to be more responsible eaters. Reading this book is a wonderful, life-changing experience."
(Ruth Rachel, editor in chief, Gourmet magazine.)

Not too sure about the "life changing experience" thingy, but its a great read.

I have been wanting to read this book for a long while. I'm going to go to the library and look for it today. Thanks for the reminder!

This reinforces why I want to eventually raise my own food (at least meat and most of my veggies). :yay:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
If you don't see it for what it is by reading the editors note and the reviews, my explanation isn't going to help you get it.

Cowgirl

elaine said:
If you don't see it for what it is by reading the editors note and the reviews, my explanation isn't going to help you get it.

So it's a bad thing to know where your food comes from? It's a bad thing to want to support local agriculture and not have your food shipped from across the world?

Okay.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Cowgirl said:
So it's a bad thing to know where your food comes from? It's a bad thing to want to support local agriculture and not have your food shipped from across the world?

Okay.

I didn't say that.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Cowgirl said:
Well then stop :elaine: unless you're going to back up what your talking about.

GFY. Just because I post something you don't like doesn't mean I'm stirring the pot. You sound like you're of the mind that everyone should agree with the original post. You go ahead.

Cowgirl

elaine said:
GFY. Just because I post something you don't like doesn't mean I'm stirring the pot. You sound like you're of the mind that everyone should agree with the original post. You go ahead.

:rolleyes: You come on here posting some dumb "oh more propaganda" shiat, and then you don't even have the decency to explain why you feel that way. If you don't like it, stay the eff out of it. I don't care that you don't like the book, but if you're going to argue with us about it, you can at least tell us WHY. BUT, you don't want to do that.

Last edited:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Cowgirl said:
:rolleyes: You come on here posting some dumb "oh more propaganda" shiat, and then you don't even have the decency to explain why you feel that way. If you don't like it, stay the eff out of it. I don't care that you don't liek the book, but if you're going to argue with us about it, you can at least tell us WHY. BUT, you don't want to do that.

Like I said...GFY. You're just looking for an argument.

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Nickel said:
I don't get it either, but I'll be damned if I'm going to read a book about corn. :lmao:

Well, I'll admit there's not a lot of Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll in it but he does talk about pollination a bit. And remember, when the corn goes into your gas tank there goes the taco! :lmao: