What color car do you like?

OrneryPest

lower life form
I used to prefer white cars because I thought that white reflected the heat from the sunlight better, so when you park your car in a hot sunny parking lot it won't be quite so hot when you get back to it.

After many years of car ownership (mostly white cars) I now realize that when you park your car in a hot sunny parking lot with the windows and doors closed, a white car is gonna become unbearably hot inside after about ten seconds, and a black car (supposedly the worst color for that) is gonna become unbearably hot inside after about nine seconds.

So big hoorah. No practical difference. I seriously doubt that it'll make a bit of difference in your car's air-conditioning budget.

But I still like white cars just because I've become accustomed to liking white cars. Rationally speaking, there's really no actual advantage.

So what color car do you like?

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
All depends on the car to me... some cars look horrible in white yet some look great. My fav would be black on most cars looks sporty I think (a beyotch to keep clean tho)

Not my personal favorite, but I'd bet most cars on the road are white.
Most have mine have been in the silver catagory. Kind of like white but not quite as boring.

bohman

Black or silver for me. Dark blues are another favorite. It does depend on the car, though.

ornery, I think you're pretty much right, all cars are going to get hot. I don't care as much now as before, since you won't find vinyl seats on most modern cars. Those vinyl seats were always good for scorching off the backs of your legs.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I don't really have a favorite, but I do love the color of our Xterra. It's called "red brawn", and it's a really deep red. It never looks dirty, although it almost always is. :lol:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Color has never had much bearing on the car I buy. I look for the features that matter to me, then I ensure the color is not offensive.

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
Nickel said:
I don't really have a favorite, but I do love the color of our Xterra. It's called "red brawn", and it's a really deep red. It never looks dirty, although it almost always is. :lol:
Lucky... my car is dark green and every spec of dirt shows (im very anal about a clean car) My neighbors prob think im crazy I wash my car twice a week haha.

mrweb

Iron City
MMDad said:
Color has never had much bearing on the car I buy. I look for the features that matter to me, then I ensure the color is not offensive.

If its paid for, then any color looks good to me.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
desertrat said:
Not my personal favorite, but I'd bet most cars on the road are white.
Most have mine have been in the silver catagory. Kind of like white but not quite as boring.
The last several years, silver has been the number 1 seller.
Current car is white and I like the way dirt doesn't show, it just turns gray :lol:
Favorite is a dark green (BRG) with a tan interior.
Will not own any bright colors or custom paint. I like to drive fast and don't want anything that might draw attention.

OrneryPest

lower life form
aps45819 said:
The last several years, silver has been the number 1 seller.
Current car is white and I like the way dirt doesn't show, it just turns gray :lol:
Favorite is a dark green (BRG) with a tan interior.
Will not own any bright colors or custom paint. I like to drive fast and don't want anything that might draw attention.
Yes Indeed! BRG. The true British Racing Green! If my old Jag had been that color maybe I woulda spent the megabucks to restore it instead of dumping it onto the market cheap.

LordStanley

I know nothing
dodge Van is silver
Durango is Metallic silver- Actually a neat color in the sun with the shinny metal flake.
Ram 2500 is silver

Jeep is black (and for sale) :whistle:

we like mopar and we like silver

itsbob

I bowl overhand
LordStanley said:
dodge Van is silver
Durango is Metallic silver- Actually a neat color in the sun with the shinny metal flake.
Ram 2500 is silver

Jeep is black (and for sale) :whistle:

we like mopar and we like silver
Is silver cheaper to tow??

M

Mousebaby

I had a Champagne Pearl Dodge Stratus once and it was the bomb! The color was perfect, you couldn't make out scratches or dirt unless you were right on top of it. I now have the Inferno Red Charger and its absolutely beautiful but shows the dirt horribley! If I could get my Charger repainted I would choose the Champagne Pearl again! :clap:

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
Hmmmmm....

Silver for BMW, Mercedes, Porsche
White for Honda/Acura
Red or yellow for Ferrari. (I don't like yellow for F series.)
Yellow for Lamborghini

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Mousebaby said:
I had a Champagne Pearl Dodge Stratus once and it was the bomb! The color was perfect, you couldn't make out scratches or dirt unless you were right on top of it. I now have the Inferno Red Charger and its absolutely beautiful but shows the dirt horribley! If I could get my Charger repainted I would choose the Champagne Pearl again! :clap:

That's the color my Sebring is and I love it! :yay: My next favorite color was the Black Cherry (black with red metalflake) I had on my old LeBaron.