Going to see Elvis

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Well about 1 year after Elvis died I was passing thru Memphis on my way to Dallas. I only had a small amount of time so I quickly parked the car in front of Graceland and proceeded to lick the gate. Thats as far as I ever got. Well here we are 30 yrs later, and Im going to Graceland. :yahoo: :thewave: . This time Im going in and Im not leaving till Ive seen it all. Im going to eat fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches, the whole nine yards. I even think Ill eat that sammich at the restaurant that "Designing Women' filmed the Elvis trip show at. Im so freaking excited. But after that, anyone got any other ideas of what to do in Memphis. Also going to Nashville. Need ideas to do there too. I cant wait.

W

wkndbeacher

baileydog said:
Well about 1 year after Elvis died I was passing thru Memphis on my way to Dallas. I only had a small amount of time so I quickly parked the car in front of Graceland and proceeded to lick the gate. Thats as far as I ever got. Well here we are 30 yrs later, and Im going to Graceland. :yahoo: :thewave: . This time Im going in and Im not leaving till Ive seen it all. Im going to eat fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches, the whole nine yards. I even think Ill eat that sammich at the restaurant that "Designing Women' filmed the Elvis trip show at. Im so freaking excited. But after that, anyone got any other ideas of what to do in Memphis. Also going to Nashville. Need ideas to do there too. I cant wait.

Grand Ole Opry?

W

wkndbeacher

baileydog said:
Honey, thats a given. Ive never been to the new one, been to the old one. Hung out at Tootsies? bar around the corner.

Cool. I think they have a country music museum around there too, where the car Hank Williams died in with the original beer cans still in it :lmao:

Seamaid

I've been to Graceland and it was wonderful!!
Go by the Peabody and watch the ducks pass thru the hotel. Go to Sun Studio and get to touch the microphone that Elvis used.

baileydog said:

baileydog said:

I want to go. :tantrum

qbee

The peabody ducks are a sight to see! Truly entertaining to watch them take their "march".
I am wondering do they serve duck in their resturant?