Tides Coupon

lovinmaryland

Did any of you recieve the St Marys magazine yesterday w/ a coupon for a buy one get one free entree at The Tides?

I have skimmed some of the other threads and it sounds like it maybe worth a try, but I am a little apprehensive because dont resturants normally run these coupons when they may have started to go down hill a bit.:shrug:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Did any of you recieve the St Marys magazine yesterday w/ a coupon for a buy one get one free entree at The Tides?

I have skimmed some of the other threads and it sounds like it maybe worth a try, but I am a little apprehensive because dont resturants normally run these coupons when they may have started to go down hill a bit.:shrug:

I got it too. :lol:

I've heard both good and bad, from pricing to help. Seems everyone has a different opinion on the place. I've never been...

thistle

I got one of those coupons as well. On the opposite page are two more coupons for the Tides too. I don't think the Tides is "going down hill" at all. They are probably just trying to get people to try the place. It's somewhat evident just from this thread that there are still people who have never been. It's one of the top five restaurants in the area. The food is fantastic, and even though it's pricey, you get a lot of food for your money (salad is included). The staff has always been very good as well.

The only complaints I have about the place is that the don't offer many wines by the glass (their bottle list is very good but sometimes you don't want a whole bottle) and the bar area isn't big enough because the bar itself is poorly designed. There is more room behind it for the bartenders than in front of it to sit or mingle.

With that coupon, two people can have a fantastic meal for around $30 (not including drinks obviously) so why not give it a try?

FerretRescue

bite me
I got one of those coupons as well. On the opposite page are two more coupons for the Tides too. I don't think the Tides is "going down hill" at all. They are probably just trying to get people to try the place. It's somewhat evident just from this thread that there are still people who have never been. It's one of the top five restaurants in the area. The food is fantastic, and even though it's pricey, you get a lot of food for your money (salad is included). The staff has always been very good as well.

The only complaints I have about the place is that the don't offer many wines by the glass (their bottle list is very good but sometimes you don't want a whole bottle) and the bar area isn't big enough because the bar itself is poorly designed. There is more room behind it for the bartenders than in front of it to sit or mingle.

With that coupon, two people can have a fantastic meal for around $30 (not including drinks obviously) so why not give it a try?

I have been in there a couple of times and while the food was amazing the staff was not that great at the time. I admit it has been over a few months since I went back but the young girls they had n there at the time were not very good at all. It took forever to get our drinks, once the food was served we did not see our waitress until it was time for the check.

We even tried to flag someone to find her so we could refills in our drinks but to no avail. I would not stop going there just because of that, but thought I would share it.

pilot

I've always thought the food at the Tides was quite good if not excellent. Service varies. I've had both good and bad experiences there. Last time I was there my SO and I sat there for about 20 min. and nobody ever came to our table to take our order. So we finally got up and left. We complained to the manager, who was a young kid, and didn't seem to know what to do. He wasn't particularly apologetic, nor did he offer any incentive to get us to stay (e.g., "We'll give you a free desert."). I was so PO'd by the guy's attitude of "There's nothing I can do about it" that, as I left, I told him, "If this happens again, I'm going to write into Southern MD online."

That being said, the food has been consistently excellent--enough so that I will probably give it another try.

I saw that coupon, too, and I believe it was only good during the week--a time when people don't typically go to fine dining restaurants. So they are probably trying to get people to try it out at a time when they are less crowded.

gigi6

I've been to the Tides a couple of times - I found the food to be "okay" and the service horrific! I can't believe they are still open! And YES - they are pricey! I mean, I don't mind paying good money for a nice dinner and service - but you don't get that!

And - if that doesn't give you an idea about the restaurant......a good friend of mine went there last Spring and had dinner. Within 2 hours she was sick, sick, sick....food poisoning!

Its up to you if you try it or not.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Have they changed management/chef since opening?

I had dinner there the first weekend they were opened and it was GREAT. Went back a few months ago and it was so so.

SoMDGirl42

I went there for lunch one day. Had a burger and fries and it cost be about 20.00 for lunch and tip. The service sucked and the burger wasn't even that good. JMO

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I went to a luncheon there last week. I'm happy to report the service was excellent and the food outstanding. Even though we had a large party, all the food came out promptly and piping hot. I had the Southern Maryland Lump Crab Cake On Focaccia with Cajun Remoulade Sauce and it was fantastic. :yay:

nobody really

I need a nap

where does one get this magazine? i live in calvert but work on the base, and i love the tides. pricey, but with a coupon, why not?

thistle

where does one get this magazine? i live in calvert but work on the base, and i love the tides. pricey, but with a coupon, why not?

Mine came in the mail randomly one day. It was just a glossy magazine with ads and coupons for a bunch of local places.

And seriously, I don't think most of the people replying to this thread are talking about the right restaurant because I go there a lot (both lunch and dinner) and the service is fine and the food is second only to Broome Howard Inn for St. Mary's County.

Morpheus

hi tech
Like the saying goes" the proof is in the pudding". Buy one get one free(Payless shoes) you get what you pay for.Mediocrity! The Tides is no longer a fine dining restaurant or on the same level with Broome Howard inn.I must beg to differ on that.
You get what you pay for..no top grade quality product!!

mkd20012001

Live~Love~Laugh
I went there last week for a luncheon and the food was alright. The service was not the best. It is worth going at least once to try it out but I will probably not back other than for a function.