film developing

devinej

hello, i'm still in the dark ages, but lost as usual. i have shot some roles of film and i want to get them developed imagine that. for excellent quality prints, where should i go?

dt5255

I live in the dark ages too. But I just love my film camera and just can't bring myself to go digital. I usually take my film to Wal-Mart. The 1 hour is pretty good.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I used to take my stuff to Target with good results. But if I wanted excellent quality I sent them out to Seattle Filmworks.

devinej

thank you very much! (this is for my first go at being a wedding photographer).

another question, film developing - not printing - would the quality be the same anywhere, or could i get the developing done at wal mart and then send the negatives to seattle filmworks to be printed? or should i get seattle to do both developing and printing?

i'm a bit of a dummy about this.

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
No ...
If you're giving a go as a wedding photographer, I wouldn't trust Walmart or Target with your film. Go to a camera store - like Ritz Camera. I know that it's more expensive than Walmart & Target, but the quality of your photos will be much better. You shouldn't chance anything when it comes to someone else's memories (pictures).

Just my two cents. :)

ylexot

Super Genius
Ritz in Waldorf. Friend of mine that does wedding photography used them until he switched to digital.

B

Bronwyn

another question, film developing - not printing - would the quality be the same anywhere, or could i get the developing done at wal mart and then send the negatives to seattle filmworks to be printed? or should i get seattle to do both developing and printing?

I would seriously get some books about being a wedding photographer. Join a photograpghy group, and get some serious feed back. You don't want to go into shooting a wedding without being ready. Is this a one time shoot for a friend or are you thinking about doing this professionally?

I too dealt with Seattle Film Works many years ago. Are they even still in business??? Anyway, they excelled in the film developing. They would take a roll of film and return you negatives and prints. In the same run, they could also give you mounted transparencies, and if you specified, a diskette with digital copies, so you had everything. Turnaround time was only a few days. It's been many years since I used them, so I would not have a recommendation for using them again for something important like a wedding.

I'll bet Ritz or similar have options like that, giving you digital from film.

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
Best around IMHO is L. Imagerie in bethesda 301 986 5851

They are the only game in town for real B&W dip and dunk.

I

Inkpen

QUOTE=CandaceMM;2415443]No ...
If you're giving a go as a wedding photographer, I wouldn't trust Walmart or Target with your film. Go to a camera store - like Ritz Camera. I know that it's more expensive than Walmart & Target, but the quality of your photos will be much better. You shouldn't chance anything when it comes to someone else's memories (pictures).

Just my two cents. :)[/QUOTE]

:yeahthat:

male20674

Wedding photography

If your starting a business, go buy a nice digital camera for a couple thousand and write it off on ur taxes as a business expense.