Age vs. Retirement

Something I've had for a while, thought I'd share it... all the more reason for an early retirement.

Don't ask me how truthful it is or where it came from, dunno. Just interesting, is all.

Attachments

• Ret_vs_Age.jpg
    Ret_vs_Age.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 269

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Due to my late Mom's health, I retired in Oct 2002 to take care of her (I was 48). Now that she's gone, I am enjoying life while I still can. I was always afraid of working until I was 65 and then dying on the way to the bank.:lmao: I've seen SOOO many people work until 70+ then retire, then die. Some people don't know what to do with themselves so they keep working. That's fine if it's what you want, but not me. It also depends on the person. My Dad retired in 1982 but went back to work 3 times out of boredom before he died. I'm enjoying life while I'm healthy. I can always go back to work if I want to and then, if I get sick or die, at least I've had fun!

Yeah, that's kinda my take on it too. Besides being absolutely fed up here, I'm looking to enjoy myself. If all goes well, Jan 2010 is it for me... 56 y/o.

ginwoman

Due to my late Mom's health, I retired in Oct 2002 to take care of her (I was 48). Now that she's gone, I am enjoying life while I still can. I was always afraid of working until I was 65 and then dying on the way to the bank.:lmao: I've seen SOOO many people work until 70+ then retire, then die. Some people don't know what to do with themselves so they keep working. That's fine if it's what you want, but not me. It also depends on the person. My Dad retired in 1982 but went back to work 3 times out of boredom before he died. I'm enjoying life while I'm healthy. I can always go back to work if I want to and then, if I get sick or die, at least I've had fun!

Good point.......enjoy life while your healthy.