Leukemia

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Any word of wisdom? Treatment center experiences?

And I don't need anyone to make this worse than it already is so no smartazz comments need apply. Prayers would be helpful. It's not me, it's one of our kids (not the youngest). Type is not confirmed yet. Biopsy results will be in Monday.

I just need to know how to help her deal with it because I'm not doing so well with it.

Pandora

:huggy: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Family Support Groups

The hard part is the waiting to find out what the "type" is and then the doctor has to decide on a course of action. You and your family are in our prayers, and maybe Hospice in the area has a support group locally that can connect you and her with other parents and children in the area.

If your family needs anything, we will be more than willing to help you out in any way.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Luckily her doctor is right on it. She went in for a consult and he did an immediate bone biopsy in his office yesterday. We're all overwhelmed. She's also dealing with an appendicitis, which they can't operate on because of the beginning stage leukemia diagnosis yesterday.

My mother was diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia years ago. She has been holding steady at the lowest stage of 0 since the beginning. Other than having no energy, she is doing great. They check her white count every 3 months.

:huggy: I'm sure this is very overwhelming. You and your family have my prayers!

punjabigyrl

Ohhh My heart and tons of prayers go to your family and the little one. I know we don't each other but definately PM me if you need anything.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I know nothing about this disease so I can't offer any advice, but I do offer you and yours positive thought and prayers. I hope this was caught in its earliest and most manageable stage. :huggy:

D

dems4me

I know nothing about this disease so I can't offer any advice, but I do offer you and yours positive thought and prayers. I hope this was caught in its earliest and most manageable stage. :huggy:

:yeahthat: you and your family are in my prayers. Please keep us posted :huggy:

I

Inkpen

I am so sorry....my cousin had non-Hodgkins and was treated agressivly and is fine now..
Good news is that you are ahead of it with a fast diagnosis.
Aslo, with all the great medical centers in the Baltimore/Washington area is a big plus on your side!
Good suggestions about finding a support group for you to connect with.
Makes it easier to share the road with others who have been there.

Prays being said for you and your family. :huggy:

Please keep the Forum updated...there may be a bone marrow donor/match here that could be of help..ya never know!!!

FrmGrl

Get some!
Happy,
prayers for your family. There are many types and most are treated very successfully. Keep us posted on how she is doing. I worked at Childrens Medical center for a while and they do wonderful things there. I dont know how old yours is but it is a great place for treatment.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Prayers to your family. We are dealing with non-Hodgkins (adult) and we go to Hopkins. Love everyone up there. Very helpful, take the time to talk to you until you understand everything. We read alot of info on the internet and ask lots of questions. They have a childrens hospital also. Good luck.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
she is an "adult" at 24, but she's still my firstborn baby.
we'll find out exactly what kind monday after the pathology report comes in from the bone biopsy and have an apt on tuesday.
thank you all so much. we are all just so overwhelmed right now.

FrmGrl

Get some!
we'll find out exactly what kind monday after the pathology report comes in from the bone biopsy and have an apt on tuesday.
Hopkins would be great then, also AAMC in Annapolis actaully has a wonderful treatment center as well. Again prayers out to you and yours.

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
OMG, this is sad to hear.

I don't know much about this, but still wish for the best possible outcome and some good news from the doctor tommorrow. :huggy:

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
My mother had Leukemia when I was younger and we were all so scared because we didn't understand it. Ask all of the questions that you have. The more you understand the better you will feel and the medical staff shouldn't mind explaining things to you. I will be in prayer for your daughter and your family too and I'd like to echo everyone else who has said please keep us updated on how she is doing.

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
This is so sad to hear. My BIL had a very rare type of lukemia he was 21 when diagnosed. We all got lucky he got to go to NIH which was all research so no bills at all. Possibly you could talk with doctors and try getting her in there. Prayers are with you if you have any questions PM me I know how hard this must be. :flowers:

SoMDGirl42

She'll always be your baby. I'm glad they caught it early, hopefully that will help with treatment.:huggy:for everyone.

Cowgirl

Hey Happy...:huggy: If she needs anything at all, just let me know. I don't live too far away from her. I'd love to help out if she needs help with the animals or something. :flowers: