Tiger or the field???

Otter

Nothing to see here
I'll take the field for 100, Alex...This course evens everyone in the field out due to alot of doglegs and such. Lot of irons and 3 woods off the tee, 2nd shots and work around the greens will make the winner..I'll take a flyer on Mickelson, not that I like that goober, its just that he's due.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
otter...

...you got that right...

Alex...This course evens everyone in the field out

...and it isn't horribly long like Bethpage although a few holes, well, I couldn't get there on a bus.

(aside: I was playing at this nice little muni in Phoenix years ago, (I mean nice! and this place was as public as it gets). I played with a trash truck driver and two civil servant types. Anyway, I'm in the middle of the fairway on a par 5 after CRUSHING one, oh, maybe 230 or so, right down the middle. I'm out at least 300, thinking as always of how to get home in two, looking for a yardage, right? So, here's a sprinkler head a few paces CLOSER to the green and the plate says (I am not kidding) "Not even on a bus". True story.

...ANYWAY, this Open should be a real stampede because the field is chock full of GREAT players (as always) and a bunch of them actually have a chance because of the course.

I see no way for Tiger to pull this off. To many people have a legitimate shot and he isn't patient enough to wait 'em out and let them all fade on Sunday.

Or...maybe he is???

Larry Gude

Strung Out
OK...

Ricky Barnes is my new hero. He just walks up there, playing with Tiger and Ernie and HITS the damn ball.

Tom Watson. ? !

Jacobson (pronounced yack ob sun) -4 at the US Open??? My swing is better than that disjointed mess!

....uh...

....hmmm....

Oh yeah.

He's -4

At the US Open

I'm bitching about it.

Nice swing, kid!

Otter

Nothing to see here
Re: OK...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
Ricky Barnes is my new hero. He just walks up there, playing with Tiger and Ernie and HITS the damn ball.

Barnes :yay:

I was impressed with his play/attitude at the Masters.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yep...

...he's got that young John Daly attitude; "it's just a game and I won't hit it any better if I look at it forever"

Larry Gude

Strung Out
DID YOU.....

...SEE THAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh my GOD!!!

Tiger just hit a cut three wood from the right rough, 240 yards to a right side, TUCKED pin and...OHMYGOD!!!!!!

...on #6 par 5.

Then the putt sucked! He is human...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Dunno..

...but again, this might be a classic because this course is so much more fair in terms of length. More people have a real shot at it. He hit TWO drivers yesterday, the rest 3 woods and 2 irons.

Today (saturday) might yield a record round (62) from any number of guys...Tiger, Phil, Weir...it's just SO soft, everybody can get it close. Vijay coulda shot 61 yesterday.

I wanna see 10 guys or more within 2 shots mid day Sunday. I wanna see people going for broke and producing awesome golf, which can only happen if a bunch of people actually have a chance...

There should be a smilie of rubbing hands together in anticipation...!!!