Happy Hills Campground

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Never heard of it. When we have stayed up that way we went to Jellystone Hagerstown and Granite Hill in Gettysburg. If you go let me know what you think please! We like to try out different places.

Pandora

Why? So I can pay extra for every little thing they have?

When do you plan on going? If it is in the summer, go to Jellystone. I had a BLAST hanging out with the boys on the water slides. But if you are planning to go during non summer months, it really doesn't matter where you stay because you are most likely going to see the area. All other activities appear to be the same.

CMC122

Go Braves!
When do you plan on going? If it is in the summer, go to Jellystone. I had a BLAST hanging out with the boys on the water slides. But if you are planning to go during non summer months, it really doesn't matter where you stay because you are most likely going to see the area. All other activities appear to be the same.
Probably going springish time before the pools open. We want to ride the bike trails and go on the train rides:yay:

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Why? So I can pay extra for every little thing they have?

We will NOT stay at the Hagerstown Jellystone again. Once they put the water slides in they jacked up the prices. You pay a fee for the site and then turn around and have to pay an additional fee per person. I think it was going to cost us over $90 per night. Sorry that is to much money for camping. Not all Jellystones are like that though.

CMC122

Go Braves!
We will NOT stay at the Hagerstown Jellystone again. Once they put the water slides in they jacked up the prices. You pay a fee for the site and then turn around and have to pay an additional fee per person. I think it was going to cost us over $90 per night. Sorry that is to much money for camping. Not all Jellystones are like that though.
Holy crap! How many people are in your family?

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Happy Hills is a wonderful place to camp. They have stables there so we can take our horses which makes it so awesome, but the trails are great for bikes too.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Happy Hills is a good place to go with or without horses. The C&O canal isn't far from the entrance to the camp ground. You would have to ride to there to pick up the canal trails. The trails are nice. The only thing I didn't care for was all the atv's and golf carts that ran around all the time in the campground

Elle

Happy Camper!

This is still one of my favorite places to visit. Go on the amenity free weekends - save yourself the fees. I agree the new pricing is outrageous but they seem to continue to expanding so I guess they are still doing well.

CMC – from what it sounds like you are going for I’d look into state parks in the area. We go to Hagerstown Yogi at least once a year but we go there as our destination. If just using the campground as a staging point/place to sleep I’d look into a state park – can’t beat the prices.

As for the place in question - RVparkreviews.com :: Home doesn’t rate it as very good as of late – probably b/c of all the seasonals (I have yet to stay at a place with seasonals and don’t plan to start now when there are so many other options available). Not to say that you can’t still have a good time just be warned that anything without an average 7 on this site I’ve been disappointed with.

We have reservations next year for 'Gettysburg Campground' – I’ll report back after July 4th. Jabba and I visited Cunningham Falls SP earlier this fall and loved it - def. on the list of places to return to. If you want to go closer to Baltimore - we stayed at Patapsco Valley SP earlier in the fall as well and liked it too. I think I've sent you my photo page link before if you wanted to see what the sites and parks look like.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=thead></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>
reputation_balance.gif
</TD><TD class=alt1Active id=p2481223 width="50%">Happy Hills Campground</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>11-14-2007 05:36 PM</TD><TD class=alt1 width="50%">wrong!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:mad: Am not!