Calling all poets, artists, people...

fuzzyng

Okay, well, this will probably be the lamest post, I'll ever post :D

I was sitting at work, bored out of my head, and I began to read through this old College of St. Mary's "lit" book called the Avatar... now, as i read through this, I began to say to myself "these people are turly sad... but if these people can publish their stuff why cant I?" so, i began to think, and came out with this idea:

a southern maryland litature book... filled with poems, photos, short stories, paintings, etc. all from the people of southern maryland...

here's where you all come in... i need some help... k? i wanna do this, and just make the money back, we spend... no profit, k? and if there a profit, we put it towards the next edition (if there is one *L*) If you want more information, i'm currently putting together a crapy website to explain my ideas in a semi-organized way :D

Last edited:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Good idea. There's something like that called the Potomac Review (http://www.webdelsol.com/Potomac_Review/ ). This publication is a little more topical than the Avatar.

There's also Southern Maryland This Is Living, inspired by Southern Living. But I think the area could definitely use more local magazines.

watercolor

yeah yeah
You go for it baby!!!

I support you on this one!! It is a great idea! I personally would be the one doing the leg work for ya, on going and getting these people, also, me contribute a little...if ya let me!!

HAHA!

Run with this one Jess! You got this one!

watercolor

yeah yeah
Good then, Giggles is nominated the VP!!!!!

haha! I personally think it is a great idea! *smile* I know there are some great ones out there!

fuzzyng

:eek: i'm actually surprised this thread wasn't passed over...

well, since i've got a few peoples attention, I'll start working on the web site during my "free" time at work... then I'll link it, to a post... so, Giggles has been nominated VP? How bout you, Sum? what position ya want?

Side note:I promise this'll be my last AV for a while *LMAO*

watercolor

yeah yeah
well I will be the administrative...and wear those cute little outfits..and get the attention of the Pres...and *ahem*...oops said to much!!!:blushing:

G

giggles04

Originally posted by fuzzyng
:eek: i'm actually surprised this thread wasn't passed over...

well, since i've got a few peoples attention, I'll start working on the web site during my "free" time at work... then I'll link it, to a post... so, Giggles has been nominated VP? How bout you, Sum? what position ya want?

Side note:I promise this'll be my last AV for a while *LMAO*

Hey, I'm always up for stuff like this, and I just love to write. Just let me know:) I write for my college newspaper.... so i definately like this writing thing!

Last edited by a moderator:

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
I'd submit something too

I'd send ya something of mine too man. And if ya need anything good like...say good artwork as a logos etc..let me know. I have expierence with adobe photoshop and the likes. So sens us that web site too when ya get a chance.

Good idea by the way. Of course somd.com could add it here too

fuzzyng

WARNING:

The following website was thrown together in about 2 minutes... the content is weak, and isn't flashy... isn't gonna be, for a while... it's just for a basic "outline" of my thoughts and ideas on this...

Click Here

There you go... be kind...

:twitch:

Plus... this'll give us another reason to get together before July 27th :D

Last edited:

fuzzyng

Well, I too have plenty of experience in Photoshop, Pagemaker, Word, and all those other layour programs... if anyone has Qwark, though, I'd love a copy ;) ;) :D

What we need, more than anything, is just people to fill the holes in our board... we have a treasurer and secretary... now we need a lot more people... :D

Also, you can start sending stuff to my email: jesseawebb@hotmail.com

Also, I'm going to post a pool, one day, for page size... it'll be beat having to get everyone together, just for that, and it'll give everyone else a chance to vote, too... you're voices will be heard! :D

Umm, other than that, for now, it's going to take time, but it'll be worth it, promise!

watercolor

yeah yeah
yeap yeap! I mean it wont take to much time, when we get the ball rolling, and there will be a 3month timeframe for everyone to get their stuff in. Then its just a matter, of getting us together on a timely basis, working out the bugs, and then pulling many strings..and then, BOOM! ya got it!

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Just in case you're wondering what to write...

Here are a few suggestions for articles.
Homework!
:D

"Dating firemen involves more than just pulling out a hose"...by Pixiegirl

"How to have sex with your mate during TV commercial breaks"...by Guest

"The days of our lives"...by Romance and Sgt. Sprout

"Ham Hocks and Other Stories: What to do when the pot-bellies break a leg"...by Christy.

"Shooting EXTREME facial close-up shots"...by Watercolor

"1001 Fun Things to Do With Cigars and Speedos"..by Cariblue

"My life as Linc after the Mod Squad"...by JetMonkey

"I Love Your Sunburn, but Not your Red Neck"...by Beach Patrol

"Whining isn't just for kids anymore"...by Darby

"Using Only Your Profession To Pick Up Chicks"...by fireman

"The Babysitter, The Car Wash, and The Amputee: My letters to Penthouse Forum"...by Joey

"The Bisexual Revolution"...by Sierra

"I wanted a tugboat, but a got a Kayak and a Dinghy"...by Barbra and Jazzlady

"My Favorite Little Rascal...SPANKY"...by fuzzyng

"Kiss Enough Toads and You're Sure to find Your Prince"...by sxyprincess

"Why Being "brainy" Isn't Necessary To Be Cute In Today's World"...by giggles

"The Curtains Don't ALWAYS Have to Match the Carpet"...by Vraiblonde

"Mudding: the Safe Extreme Sport for Rednecks" by Migtig

Now get to work! More to come...

Last edited:
G

giggles04

Re: Just in case you're wondering what to write...

Originally posted by bknarw
Here are a few suggestions for articles.
Homework!
:D

"Dating firemen involves more than just pulling out a hose"...by Pixiegirl

"Why Being "brainy" Isn't Necessary To Be Cute In Today's World"...by giggles

Oh my goodness!!!!
Too funny!
I wanna help pixie with the first one!!!!

G

giggles04

I've done a lot of work on Pagemaker if that helps out any:) I'll do whatever you need me to do. I was co editor of my school yearbook.... so I know layout pretty well. I'll get some of my stuff together... and get it to you. :)

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Just in case you're wondering what to write...

Originally posted by bknarw

No, YOU get to work... Man, you gotta lot of time on your hands... :)

Anyway, those were great, BTW. Can't wait for the second installment of our favorite soap opera: "How the Forum Turns"... :lol: