Restaurant Recommendations

lovinmaryland

I will be staying at the Chesapeake Beach Resort this weekend and was hoping to get a few recommendations for restaurants in that area. We will be doing the Sunday Brunch at the hotel and The Rod and Reel Friday night.

lovinmaryland

Most of the places around there are better than the Rod -n- Reel. :dead:

We have only eaten at their sunday brunch and this sunday is the Breakfast with Santa. The brunch was actually very nice (better than I thought it would be) so I assumed the dinner would be nice as well is that wrong?

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
We had a really great meal at Mango's over in Herrington Harbor.

nobody really

I need a nap
We have only eaten at their sunday brunch and this sunday is the Breakfast with Santa. The brunch was actually very nice (better than I thought it would be) so I assumed the dinner would be nice as well is that wrong?

yeah, rodnreel has an excellent buffet - but other than that their food is overpriced and awful

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
We take the kids for brunch once or twice a year. I haven't bothered to go back for dinner in years. I don't care for canned veggies....

I've been for lunch and it's good. They've done a better job in the last few years. I've been going there since I was a kid. I've had good and bad experiences there with dinner over the years but we had a 50th anniversary party for my parents a couple of years ago and the meal was wonderful and they did a very nice job. I know they're not cheap...but they are a "Resort" now. :lol:

lovinmaryland

I've been for lunch and it's good. They've done a better job in the last few years. I've been going there since I was a kid. I've had good and bad experiences there with dinner over the years but we had a 50th anniversary party for my parents a couple of years ago and the meal was wonderful and they did a very nice job. I know they're not cheap...but they are a "Resort" now. :lol:

We went last year and the kids had such a good time I decided to go back and to stay a few nights at the "resort" Hope it ends up being nice (for 195 a night it better be :lol:)

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
We went last year and the kids had such a good time I decided to go back and to stay a few nights at the "resort" Hope it ends up being nice (for 195 a night it better be :lol:)

I dunno..I'd take the kids to breakfast there and then head to Smokey Joes or some other place for dinner...moneywise anyway.