Pittsburgh Zoo

Elle

Happy Camper!
Was watching John & Kate + 8 last night and the zoo looks like a lot of fun. Would it be worth a trip there if within 1-2 hours of Pittsburg already?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Pittsburgh zoo is pretty cool.. it's downtown but ontop of a plateua (sp?).. you have to go up a HUGE escalator to get into it.

It has a meerkat exhibit where you or your kids can climb into it and poke your head up in this globe so you are amongst them..

Also a new aquarium.. built maybe 6 years ago..

A HUGE elephant enclosure..

My kids LOVED going there when we lived in PA.

For a family you might want to consider getting a zoo memebership. For me it was actually less than a regular admittance for the entire family (of six) but it let us get into MOST of the zoo's nationally for free for a year, and I think it gives you a good discount at the Baltimore Aquarium.

We used to split our Zoo time between Erie PA and Pitt..

T

toppick08

Just make sure the tiger exhibit is within spec.....

mattvivslivesou

www.meerkatsound.com
Pittsburgh zoo is pretty cool.. it's downtown but ontop of a plateua (sp?).. you have to go up a HUGE escalator to get into it.

It has a meerkat exhibit where you or your kids can climb into it and poke your head up in this globe so you are amongst them..

Also a new aquarium.. built maybe 6 years ago..

A HUGE elephant enclosure..

My kids LOVED going there when we lived in PA.

For a family you might want to consider getting a zoo memebership. For me it was actually less than a regular admittance for the entire family (of six) but it let us get into MOST of the zoo's nationally for free for a year, and I think it gives you a good discount at the Baltimore Aquarium.

We used to split our Zoo time between Erie PA and Pitt..

I've been to the Pittsburgh Zoo... it was about 2 yrs ago. I had a good time... I stuck my head in the globe thing also.

They where expanding parts of the zoo at the time when I was there, I think it was the polar bear area.

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
My brother and his family live in walking distance from the Pttsbrg Zoo... It's nice and they just completed a new polarbear and seal exibit. My favorite is the aquarium.. very nice.. just wish it was a little bigger.. I love aquariums.

T

toppick08

My brother and his family live in walking distance from the Pttsbrg Zoo... It's nice and they just completed a new polarbear and seal exibit. My favorite is the aquarium.. very nice.. just wish it was a little bigger.. I love aquariums.

Been to the National Aquarium in Balmer?............:howdy: