5K runs coming up

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
I'm getting back into my running routine of years past. A good motivator for me is 5K runs. It gives me something to train for - so, does anyone know of any that are scheduled for late spring/summer?

nobody really

I need a nap
I'm getting back into my running routine of years past. A good motivator for me is 5K runs. It gives me something to train for - so, does anyone know of any that are scheduled for late spring/summer?

Calvert County Humane Society has one every summer - around August timeframe through Solomon's Island. Here is their link: they changed their website, but they usually post the information on it around April May.

Humane Society of Calvert County - Home

M

missperky

I did the Hospice walk last year and will be doing it again this year. They are wonderful. :yay:

kerriellen

My son wants to try a 5k. Do they allow 14 y/o to run?
This old man doesn't run anymore, though I might do the walk.

:coffee:

Yes, children are allowed to run. I've seen much younger children compete in the Run for Hospice. Last year (or the year before) a 9 or 10 year old ran with me and my dog for 2/3 of the race, until he needed to slow down.

S

snoots

I'm in the same boat, stumbling back into shape (goal is a five minute mile) and agree about 5K's being good motivators. Being twixt and 'tween Annapolis and Solomons, I was glad to read Daffy's post about the Ches Run Club (didn't know about them).