Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Whatcha think? I'm not the most sports-aware person in the world but I've never heard of Kobe being in trouble before. Therefore, I'm skeptical that he did anything to that girl. If it were one of those other little sh*theads, okay. But, to my knowledge, Kobe has always been one of the good guys.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I don't think he raped her. With his looks and money, there are plenty of women happy to sleep with him for free.

Otter

Nothing to see here
I am gonna hold off voting til I hear more..Sports groupies are rampant in the NBA, more so than any other sport from what I've read. I think it was in SI that I read an article where the NBA constantly warns players about entrapment, so if Kobe was entrapped, its just desserts for being stupid.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I am with you Vrai, of all the players in the NBA, he is the one I would think least likely. :shrug:

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
I voted no. I think the woman is after money, and any superstar is an easy target.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
He definitely tapped this chick... But I don't think he had to break the door down and force entry. She said PAYDAY and he said NO WAY! Hopefully, she will be charged with making a false police report at least!

I wonder where the hot little young white chick was that he gave that rock to?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Oz
He definitely tapped this chick
That would surprise me too - didn't they just have a baby or something? I don't like to think Kobe's one of those superstar's who let fame go to their head. I like my vision of him as a happy family man.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I like my vision of him as a happy family man.

Never, ever think of a superstar in sport/entertainment in that vein.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Hate to make the comparison, don't know anything about Mr Bryant. Doesn't this bring back thoughts of somebody named Tyson a few years ago?

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by jlabsher
Hate to make the comparison, don't know anything about Mr Bryant. Doesn't this bring back thoughts of somebody named Tyson a few years ago?

Can't make that comparsion, Tyson has proved over and over that he's a thug, Kobe has never had a hint of scandal around him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Doesn't this bring back thoughts of somebody named Tyson a few years ago?
Not even. Tyson was an accident waiting to happen. Kobe, from all accounts, is a fine man with no prior incidences.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Like I said, I know nothing of Mr Bryant. Just the rape charge against a professional ath-a-lete seems similar. Remember Kirby Puckett a few months back who was also cleared.

That said, jocks, especially high school and college are probably one of the worst group of sex offenders that exists within society.

Otter

Nothing to see here
That said, jocks, especially high school and college are probably one of the worst group of sex offenders that exists within society.

:yeahthat: Did ya ever hear the story of Sxy's high school field hockey team??

Otter

Nothing to see here
Remember when Caps players were accused of gang rape?

Yep, that got Dino Ciccarilli out of town..They would have been thrown in jail if it hadn't been for some money tossed around..

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
That would surprise me too - didn't they just have a baby or something? I don't like to think Kobe's one of those superstar's who let fame go to their head. I like my vision of him as a happy family man.

Please - he's a 23 year old millionaire in the NBA. Nice Bootie Always available... Even Michael Jordan had some side action. (Remember - she complained that he "stiffed" her on the hundreds of thousands that she was trying to extort from him?) How about Magic Johnson? Kobe might be a family man. The question is how many families will he create?

SmallTown

Football season!
Has he even been formally charged yet?

I really hope he didn't do anything wrong, but either way he shouldn't put himself in that kind of position.

As for where his mind is... he went to the NBA out of highschool, has 3 championship rings, is a league star, and is only what, 23? Nah, could never see where he would get cocky in life.
But I love watching the guy... Just the way he carries himself, even right out of highschool, was just amazing to watch

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by SmallTown
Has he even been formally charged yet?
I think they're still looking for some kind of probable cause. They said last night that they're going over physical evidence, which should be interesting. When a woman has been forcibly raped, there are abrasions and signs of it. If this woman just has the DNA, so to speak, but no signs of force, they'll say thank you for your time, Mr. Bryant, can I have your autograph?