Cruise!!!

singforsam

Cruises are so IN right now. I want to go on a cruise. I heard they have beautiful scenery and it's real good. Anyone know a really good cruise. I heard the one that goes up to Alaska is real pretty. I want to plan for late spring.

Sam
Fontana

Gummie

Try kayak.com for comparisions, a good website to start. Cruising is very cost effective, allow approx. 11.00 per day, per person in the cabin for tips at the end of the cruise. These go to the cabin stewards and to the wait staff. Do not stiff these folks, their pay is in the neighberhood of 50.00 per month. They live off the tips. It is still a bargain. Be forwarned, if you drink alcohol, you bill can be expensive to settle, alcholic and soft drinks are extra and have a tip figured in when you sign for them.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We are signed up for our honeymoon cruise and I can't wait. We leave for a 13-day trans-Atlantic cruise leaving from Miami and heading to Barcelona, with six European stops along the way. We got a hell of a deal on this trip....one that we'll not likely find again any time soon. It's an "extended balcony suite" on a new 970 ft. ship....all for the price of $599 per person. :shocking:

Gummie

A great site for cruise reviews is: cuisecritic.com. You can review lines, ships, cruises, ports, etc. Also after you book a cruise you can meet other people who will be on the same cruise.

oldman

Lobster Land
A cruise is the bestest vacation one could have. Been on 7 of them myself and you are attended to 24/7. It's like going away and leaving your past behind.

Elle

Happy Camper!
A great site for cruise reviews is: cuisecritic.com. You can review lines, ships, cruises, ports, etc. Also after you book a cruise you can meet other people who will be on the same cruise.

I love the forums at that site. We did a meet and greet with some members from there when we went on our cruise in 06 - it was a lot of fun - the ship's cruise director had reserved a special lounge for our party and even made an appearance. We were all given neat little gifts from the ship/cruise line (even the kids that were there got one) - all I can remember now is a lanyard booklet thing that had a mini note pad, pen and spots for your room key/ship card and money but I swear there was something else as well.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Cruises are so IN right now. I want to go on a cruise. I heard they have beautiful scenery and it's real good. Anyone know a really good cruise. I heard the one that goes up to Alaska is real pretty. I want to plan for late spring.

Sam
Fontana
We're going on the Freedom of the Seas in March for an eight day western Caribbean cruise.

Royal Caribbean - Freedom of the Seas

Attachments

• wc.gif
    wc.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 90

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We are signed up for our honeymoon cruise and I can't wait. We leave for a 13-day trans-Atlantic cruise leaving from Miami and heading to Barcelona, with six European stops along the way. We got a hell of a deal on this trip....one that we'll not likely find again any time soon. It's an "extended balcony suite" on a new 970 ft. ship....all for the price of $599 per person. :shocking:

13 days... together.. small room..

Balcony, open to the ocean...

hmmmmmm..

Bavarian

Greetings from the South Pacific aboard the MS Amsterdam. Left FL 4 Jan, will return 27 April. Just finishing an 8 day streach of sea days since Panama City, tommorrow Nuka Hiva Marquesas Isl, then rest of Society Islands and more, a round the world trip. Only way to go. Good food, weather, activities, lectures, relaxing, etc. Took a week to get all of our bags that we shipped ahead.

T

toppick08

Greetings from the South Pacific aboard the MS Amsterdam. Left FL 4 Jan, will return 27 April. Just finishing an 8 day streach of sea days since Panama City, tommorrow Nuka Hiva Marquesas Isl, then rest of Society Islands and more, a round the world trip. Only way to go. Good food, weather, activities, lectures, relaxing, etc. Took a week to get all of our bags that we shipped ahead.

:howdy:..............:lalala:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

You win!

marianne

From what I hear Alaskan glacier cruises are terrific. The earliest you'd want to go is mid May.

If you're interested in going to Europe, a cruise is a great way to go these days. You're paying American dollars for lodging and meals vs. flying to Europe and getting killed on currency conversion after you get there for lodging & meals.

We book private drivers to take us off the beaten path on our stops and it was always tons better than the cruise line excursions.

Bavarian

Today was Moorea, beautiful island, setting for Bali Hai, tommorrow Bora Bora.
Don't like the financial news we get drips and drops of though. Last long cruise, 16 days, Enron collapsed. Set new record for cruise days today. here very hot, sun strong, and short showers. Ship is rocking for first time, though we have been through worse.

JLS

Any one done a cruise that is the Canada/New England thing? Where u can go out've Boston, and hit like Bar Harbor, ME and hit St Johns and go up into Halifax, Nova Scotia? I've been wanting to do that one myself.. anyone done that one?