Workout withdrawals

smilin

BOXER NATION
Advice needed:
Love to work out, been doing it for 25 - 30 years, but last year I thought I hurt my shoulder. After I had an MRI I found out it was actually a pinched nerve in my neck.
Chiro told me to stop any thing to do with traps, lower my weights and be very careful or cut out any type of bench or military press(!). Regular Doc was useless when it came to work out advice. Gym rats are experts at what works so I thought I'd see what the local rodents think.
It's been eight months and I want to work out, not sit on my fat a**.
Any Ideas? I certainly don't want to lose the feeling in my fingers again!

:buddies:

T

toppick08

I'd suggest you go back to your gym of choice, work with very light weights, and try to do as many sets/reps you feel comfy with. Just take it slow and easy......later.

Vince

With two rotator cuff surgeries behind me, I had to change my workout drastically. Lighter weights and avoid certain exercises. No overhead lifting, very light bench presses, but I went with dumbells and was able to increase weight. If it hurts, don't do it. :shrug:

smilin

BOXER NATION
With two rotator cuff surgeries behind me, I had to change my workout drastically. Lighter weights and avoid certain exercises. No overhead lifting, very light bench presses, but I went with dumbells and was able to increase weight. If it hurts, don't do it. :shrug:

Anything's better than waiting to get fat. Been doing cardio - walking (was told not to run due to the bouncing, shocks) and biking.
Man was it cold this 0530!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Physical...

Advice needed:
Love to work out, been doing it for 25 - 30 years, but last year I thought I hurt my shoulder. After I had an MRI I found out it was actually a pinched nerve in my neck.
Chiro told me to stop any thing to do with traps, lower my weights and be very careful or cut out any type of bench or military press(!). Regular Doc was useless when it came to work out advice. Gym rats are experts at what works so I thought I'd see what the local rodents think.
It's been eight months and I want to work out, not sit on my fat a**.
Any Ideas? I certainly don't want to lose the feeling in my fingers again!

...therapy might be a good go. My shoulders are kinda messed up but nothing too bad. I couldn't lift my right arm past shoulder height fall of '06 and had an MRI. Partially torn ligament. Muscles pinching it. All bound up. Excruciating pain of I moved it too far.

He told me it was a quality of life issue; he'd cut me if I wanted but he'd rather see me live with it. Sent me to pt.

Three sessions with a whole bunch of exercises, pushing, pulling and and what Democrats would define as torture and I was all loosened up.

If I don't go to the gym it hurts.

Lot's of stretching, take your time. Don't go crazy with weight. I bench free, I curl, I run and I do crunches to keep my keg in good shape.

Physical therapy for all says I!