Blind Dates...

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Never been! Met Dean on the Internet, which is sort of 'blind', but of course we'd seen pictures and talked on the phone and via e-mail prior to our first meeting. Nearly the same thing as hearing about someone from a friend, seeing a picture, and talking to them on the phone to set up a date. Although I guess you choose the person more with online dating than you do with a blind date. Oh well...the point is that I've never been on a real blind date :biggrin: .

You going on one?

G

giggles04

Ha.... my parents were a blind date for their first date. They started dating after that and have been married over 25 years.... so indeed... they can be successful!:biggrin:

Blondie76

Actually went on one Saturday afternoon. I had seen a picture of him, but it wasn't a great picture. He wasn't totally unattractive, but I didn't find him attractive enough. He was a perfect gentlemen though. Brought me flowers and all. Within 15 mins of picking me up he was already inviting me to places next month. Thought that was a bit crazy. The date went along ok. I just wasn't feeling that click. I'm not really interested in seeing him again. I feel bad though b/c it was set up through a relative and HIS mom and his mom works in my building - talk about wierd. I met her on Friday before I met him. He also got my work number and called me at work on Friday to set up the date on Saturday. I've been on one other blind date before when I was 19 or so. I swore I would never do it again. We had just had a really big ice storm and the jacka$$ thought it would be fun to go sliding through Pembrook parking lot in his truck. That was not fun. Needless to say there was no 2nd date.:wink:

LastBoyscout

Only the shadow knows
I have... But her seeing eye dog had to lay under the dinner table while we ate... (OK not funny...)
Honestly though.. I have... It was cool... As long as you go in not expecting anything or..... expecting the worse... (It's better to be surprised than disappointed...) Any feelings about "blind dates" you currently are having the other person might be having as well... It's a risk only if you think you have somthing to lose... Feel me?

Blondie76

Originally posted by LastBoyscout
I have... But her seeing eye dog had to lay under the dinner table while we ate... (OK not funny...)
Honestly though.. I have... It was cool... As long as you go in not expecting anything or..... expecting the worse... (It's better to be surprised than disappointed...) Any feelings about "blind dates" you currently are having the other person might be having as well... It's a risk only if you think you have somthing to lose... Feel me?

I was going into casually, wasn't expecting anything. I got the feeling he was looking for something more...hence the making plans for next month. I know he was nervous, and sometimes when your nervous you just say stuff. I wasn't really nervous. I just wanted the whole thing to stay casual.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
At least it wasn't a horrible experience or anything, and you got to have a pleasant evening with a nice guy. It does sound like the attraction was a little one-sided, though. Oh well, better luck next time!

Blondie76

Originally posted by giggles04
Ha.... my parents were a blind date for their first date. They started dating after that and have been married over 25 years.... so indeed... they can be successful!:biggrin:

Glad to hear some of them work out. 25 years...wow. I don't think anyone I know has been on a blind date and ended up together.

LastBoyscout

Only the shadow knows
Originally posted by Blondie76
I was going into casually, wasn't expecting anything. I got the feeling he was looking for something more...hence the making plans for next month. I know he was nervous, and sometimes when your nervous you just say stuff. I wasn't really nervous. I just wanted the whole thing to stay casual.

It sounds like you controled the situation just fine... Just have fun! Dating is supposed to be "fun". :rolleyes:

G

giggles04

Glad to hear some of them work out. 25 years...wow. I don't think anyone I know has been on a blind date and ended up together.

I don't know of anyone else either... but their first date was a dance at the Ridge firehouse and been together ever since:smile:

Blondie76

Originally posted by LastBoyscout
It sounds like you controled the situation just fine... Just have fun! Dating is supposed to be "fun". :rolleyes:

Sometimes I can't stand dating. Sometime it ends up me liking the guy and he's not totally into me. Or vice versa. Lately it's been vice versa. I like having fun on dates. It's just that when you start bringing up doing things next month...that's jumping ahead way too soon for me. Let's get through the first date before we make plans for next month. Like I said, I'm going to take in account that he was really nervous, but it was still a little wierd.

J

justhangn

How many people have been on blind dates? Were they successful?

Been there, done that. It went pretty good, we dated for about 6 months before going our seperate ways.

:cheers:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I've been on tons of blind dates. I am after all the dating :diva: :wink:
I say if he made you feel "weird" in any way, shape or form, regardless of who set the date up, don't go again. Listen to your instincts - they are usually right on the money. (I got my ex-stalker thru being "set-up" by well meaning friends).
Rule of thumb is Never turn down a first date, and be selective on the second. :biggrin:

Blondie76

Originally posted by migtig
I've been on tons of blind dates. I am after all the dating :diva: :wink:
I say if he made you feel "weird" in any way, shape or form, regardless of who set the date up, don't go again. Listen to your instincts - they are usually right on the money. (I got my ex-stalker thru being "set-up" by well meaning friends).
Rule of thumb is Never turn down a first date, and be selective on the second. :biggrin:

That's pretty much how I am...my family thinks I'm too picky though. But why am I going to spend time on someone I'm not all that attracted too? If I'm asked on a date I don't turn one down...usually:wink:

LastBoyscout

Only the shadow knows
That's pretty much how I am...my family thinks I'm too picky though. But why am I going to spend time on someone I'm not all that attracted too? If I'm asked on a date I don't turn one down...usually:wink:

Hmmmmmmmm..... Very interesting... :biggrin:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
My parents meet on a blind date. . .Someone set my dad up with my mom's best friend and they were all at a party together.

BullDawg

Duck Molester
I just wasn't feeling that click. I'm not really interested in seeing him again.

If that's the way you truely feel, do him the favor and don't go out with him again. I've been on several blind dates. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Not worth dragging out if there is not mutual interest.