Sick momma ratty

craberta

No vets would help. Wilma is the mom of 3 brat rats. She takes care of them, grooms them, even though they are all a year old now. I did not want rats, or ever even thought that I would ever have to help take care of any, but my son came home with them one day. Any ol way, they were in the laundry room, where I hangout alot. Next thing I know I am scratching the male on the head and talking to him, and then the mom, was so tame I would take her out and play with her. Then about 2 weeks ago, she couldnt use her front legs and her little hands were clenched shut and she couldnt do anything. My son was convinced she had a stroke. after 2 days I picked her up and gave her water, cause I saw her laying on her side having a cracker. I thought, if she wants to eat, she can't be that bad off. I started giving her water, and food, and doing physical therapy by rubbing her little hands and little by little she got better and now I think she had an injury to her spine. Now she is running around holding food in her hands and eating. I am going to get her and see how much she has improved. I hate seeing animals suffer. I still don't think I would care for a tarantula or a scorpion...gotta draw the line somewhere.

M

Mousebaby

No vets would help. Wilma is the mom of 3 brat rats. She takes care of them, grooms them, even though they are all a year old now. I did not want rats, or ever even thought that I would ever have to help take care of any, but my son came home with them one day. Any ol way, they were in the laundry room, where I hangout alot. Next thing I know I am scratching the male on the head and talking to him, and then the mom, was so tame I would take her out and play with her. Then about 2 weeks ago, she couldnt use her front legs and her little hands were clenched shut and she couldnt do anything. My son was convinced she had a stroke. after 2 days I picked her up and gave her water, cause I saw her laying on her side having a cracker. I thought, if she wants to eat, she can't be that bad off. I started giving her water, and food, and doing physical therapy by rubbing her little hands and little by little she got better and now I think she had an injury to her spine. Now she is running around holding food in her hands and eating. I am going to get her and see how much she has improved. I hate seeing animals suffer. I still don't think I would care for a tarantula or a scorpion...gotta draw the line somewhere.

:clap: :huggy: Excellent work! I used to get calls from people about their beloved little rats all the time because I was the closest thing people had to a rat rescue in this area. I no longer do it because it got to be too much on me by myself and the financial strain was unbelievable! Anyway, there are no vets that will help around here. Dr. Forrest at St. Mary's took on my rats and Dr. Hurley who is no longer with them. You might see if he does rats still. I don't know, my rats (knock wood) have so far been doing well. Keep up the good work and rats can be extremely good pets and friends! :howdy: