Clarkes Landing

OldHillcrestGuy

After seeing all the comments about their crabcakes and good food, me and the misses are planning on going this weekend for anniversary and birthday dinner out, is it best to make reservations.:buddies:

_MightyMouse_

_USMCScoutSwimmer_
No, you don't have to. They're not that busy this time of year. My family owns the restaurant, so I'm pretty familiar with it's peak business times..

ohstate

Do make reservations. Tell them it is your anniversary and maybe they will seat you by the window views.

We call and make reservations in the summer, but for the outside deck. It fills up fast.

sevatter

Not impressed with Clarke's Landing Restaurant

No, you don't have to. They're not that busy this time of year. My family owns the restaurant, so I'm pretty familiar with it's peak business times..

I took my husband there for his birthday dinner in mid-December and we both were very disappointed in our experience. When I called for the reservation I told the man on the phone what it was for a birthday but that did not seem to make any difference at all.

There was a long wait to see our watiress for the first time, 10 minutes. The coffee was lukewarm, the soup was lukewarm, the Jumbo shrimp were the size of mediums in the stuffed JUMBO shrimp with crab imperial. Our waitress was difficult to find to get anything from her; the excuse given by another waitress was that our server was taking care of the big party in the dining room but we are paying customers too and deserve equal treatment, not to be ignored.

The bottom line, we will not be back and we will make sure everyone we know is aware of how bad it was at Clarke's Landing!

belvak

Happy Camper
I took my husband there for his birthday dinner in mid-December and we both were very disappointed in our experience. When I called for the reservation I told the man on the phone what it was for a birthday but that did not seem to make any difference at all.

There was a long wait to see our watiress for the first time, 10 minutes. The coffee was lukewarm, the soup was lukewarm, the Jumbo shrimp were the size of mediums in the stuffed JUMBO shrimp with crab imperial. Our waitress was difficult to find to get anything from her; the excuse given by another waitress was that our server was taking care of the big party in the dining room but we are paying customers too and deserve equal treatment, not to be ignored.

The bottom line, we will not be back and we will make sure everyone we know is aware of how bad it was at Clarke's Landing!

Wow. We've always had good food and good service at Clarke's Landing. Sorry you had a bad experience. There are many places in St. Mary's that serve seafood. You might want to try some others. I'm sure you will get lots of feedback here...