Post your photos

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
In my venture to buy a new camera, I'd like to see some actual photos that have been taken from cameras mention.

Please post photo and type of camera..

Thanks a million

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
In my venture to buy a new camera, I'd like to see some actual photos that have been taken from cameras mention.

Thanks a million

Sanchezf, WHile it is fine to look at images produced from the different cameras, remember that it is not just the camera that makes a good picture.

It is knowledge of your camera and how to use it, using the proper settings, and lighting. Then you get into composition.

You can take a $100 point and shoot and get a great picture if the setting, lighting and all are correct. At the same time you can take a $5000 DLSR and get a really crappy, blurred, noisy image as well.

When comparing cameras, I found you have to educate yourself on cameras, and pick the options that you feel will aid you in the type of photos you plan to take.

Example: If you are taking sports pictures mostly, shutter lag can really be a bummer, while image stablization really doesn't matter.

But if you are taking portrait style stuff of your kids, stablization is much more important, and shutter lag won't be that great of an issue.

Back to my point I guess, don't just look at the pictures and pick the best picture and say that is the camera I need.

Last edited:
M

Mousebaby

Thanks a million

Here are just a few shots of my kitties! The camera is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8

Last edited by a moderator:

Jameo

What?!
Sanchezf, WHile it is fine to look at images produced from the different cameras, remember that it is not just the camera that makes a good picture.

It is knowledge of your camera and how to use it, using the proper settings, and lighting. Then you get into composition.

You can take a $100 point and shoot and get a great picture if the setting, lighting and all are correct. At the same time you can take a $5000 DLSR and get a really crappy, blurred, noisy image as well.

When comparing cameras, I found you have to educate yourself on cameras, and pick the options that you feel will aid you in the type of photos you plan to take.

Example: If you are taking sports pictures mostly, shutter lag can really be a bummer, while image stablization really doesn't matter.

But if you are taking portrait style stuff of your kids, stablization is much more important, and shutter lag won't be that great of an issue.

Back to my point I guess, don't just look at the pictures and pick the best picture and say that is the camera I need.

But your camera takes such better pictures :lmao:

rack'm

Jaded
Minolta Maxxum 5D :coffee:

Attachments

• PICT1817_edited-1.jpg
    PICT1817_edited-1.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 101

sanchezf

Little ol' Me

Thank you, I am trying to learn as much about the different cameras as possible, I am not very camera savy :lmao:

What about if I wanna do a little of both Sports and kids portraits? Then what do i look for?

nomoney

Kodak EasyShare z740

Attachments

• 100_2681.jpg
    100_2681.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_2702.jpg
    100_2702.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_2723.jpg
    100_2723.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 88

sanchezf

Little ol' Me

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Just wanted to say Thanks for everyone putting up with me the last couple of days, every little bit of information you guys and gals are providing me is helping me learn more before I purchase.

nomoney

Wow, I have a Kodak Easy Share (one of the first ones they came out with) and it doesn't even come close to pictures like that, in fact it has been nothing but problems..

I LOVE mine, i have no skills what so ever when it comes to pic taking - but it makes me look like I know what Im doing. I've dropped this thing so many times Im surprised its still kicking. Have never had a single problem.

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
Here is an example of what I was saying. You can get really good, and not so good pictures out of the same camera.

All with Nikon D50

Not so good lacrosse shot
180359424_xa3fD-L.jpg

Better Motocross shot
163530847_ukrBS-L.jpg

Not so great Demo Derby
193801132_eJpsq-L-1.jpg

Little better Demo Derby shot
193803964_CcfWA-L-1.jpg

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Here is an example of what I was saying. You can get really good, and not so good pictures out of the same camera.

All with Nikon D50

Not so good lacrosse shot
180359424_xa3fD-L.jpg

Better Motocross shot
163530847_ukrBS-L.jpg

Not so great Demo Derby
193801132_eJpsq-L-1.jpg

Little better Demo Derby shot
193803964_CcfWA-L-1.jpg

Tank you for sharing, I see exactly what you mean.

Does anyone know if there is a local photography class I could take once I get my new camera?

CAE

Somebody else said it... the camera doesn't matter so much, you have to know how to use what you have.

That being said, I'm a big Nikon fan and I love my Nikon D70s with the 18-200 VR lens. It's really versatile and I spent a lot of time studying all the features and how to use them. Understanding the white balance settings can make even a crappy camera 100% better than the 'Auto' mode!

Go to Flickr like another reader said and you can search by camera type, but I've seen great pictures taken by all kinds of cameras. Nikon and Cannon DSLRs both take fantastic pictures.

I really like Ken Rockwell's website for lots of good info: KenRockwell.com - really good stuff there!