Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Kerad

Any impressions? (BTW, I never played the first Vegas.)

I'm just about done with the single player campaign in COD 4, and was thinking about picking this up. Would this be a disappointment after playing COD?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Any impressions? (BTW, I never played the first Vegas.)

I'm just about done with the single player campaign in COD 4, and was thinking about picking this up. Would this be a disappointment after playing COD?

TO me the first Rainbow Six and COD 4 were neck and neck so I doubt you'd be disappointed. I haven't played Rainbow Six 2 though so I can't tell you.

Kerad

TO me the first Rainbow Six and COD 4 were neck and neck so I doubt you'd be disappointed. I haven't played Rainbow Six 2 though so I can't tell you.

Okay....cool. The professional reviews I've been reading have mentioned decent improvements in the new Vegas, but by and large were saying that it didn't seem to be a drastic improvement.

Heavily leaning towards picking it up.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Okay....cool. The professional reviews I've been reading have mentioned decent improvements in the new Vegas, but by and large were saying that it didn't seem to be a drastic improvement.

Heavily leaning towards picking it up.

Don't worry then, you'll love it. In some ways I like Rainbow Six 1 better than COD 4, so even if it is just as good as 1 you'll enjoy it.

DuffMan

I have been playing Rainbow Six 2 non stop since it came out! It's just so hard to put down. you can get ranked up faster by playing the story mode as well as T-hunts and deathmatches. They are having some online problems with the PS3 and patches are in the works but the 360 has been pretty good. The first day it was out their servers were a little slow but that is expected.

Kerad

I picked it up. Haven't played it yet, as I just finished COD 4 yesterday.

I'm guessing that the button layout is (obviously) going to be different than COD's. Should be "interesting" playing Vegas and then switching to play COD multiplayer...then back to Vegas.

"No! Not grenade....RELOAD!!!"

DuffMan

yeah but vegas does have 3 or 4 different button layouts that you can choose from. I hear there is one close to the COD 4 layout.

Kerad

yeah but vegas does have 3 or 4 different button layouts that you can choose from. I hear there is one close to the COD 4 layout.

Well, I played the first level, and I can tell I'm going to like it. My only "complaint" so far (and it's minor) is walking/running feels very "floaty" compared to COD. Again...not a deal breaker by any means.

And yes, I'm having a rough transition with the controls....always at the worst time. "Okay...I'll just sneak over here and look down the scope. Oops. I wanted scope, not "toss grenade". No, not NVG..."toss grenade". :lol: I'm a bit of a random danger to my own team...until I get reprogrammed.

DuffMan

Well, I played the first level, and I can tell I'm going to like it. My only "complaint" so far (and it's minor) is walking/running feels very "floaty" compared to COD. Again...not a deal breaker by any means.

And yes, I'm having a rough transition with the controls....always at the worst time. "Okay...I'll just sneak over here and look down the scope. Oops. I wanted scope, not "toss grenade". No, not NVG..."toss grenade". :lol: I'm a bit of a random danger to my own team...until I get reprogrammed.

Yeah it take a little while to get uses too! Do you play online at all?

Kerad

Yep, but mostly sports games. With the occasional racer and shooter among a small group of friends and proven non-cheesers. Shooters aren't much fun when some 15 year-old spawn camper with Tourette's is tooling around.

Pete

Repete
Yep, but mostly sports games. With the occasional racer and shooter among a small group of friends and proven non-cheesers. Shooters aren't much fun when some 15 year-old spawn camper with Tourette's is tooling around.

:roflmao:

DuffMan

Thats does happen from time to time. Those little kids are damn good! But then again they have nothing better to do then play video games all day every day.

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!

Online game play for COD4 is sooo much better than campaign. That probably applies for most first person shooters these days.

Kerad

Online game play for COD4 is sooo much better than campaign. That probably applies for most first person shooters these days.

I really loved the campaign on COD 4. And do play the occasional onliner for it.

Last edited:

mkd20012001

Live~Love~Laugh
Woo hoo! It seems like all good reviews for Rainbow Six Vegas 2. I will have to pick it up. I'm still playing Army of Two. We've beat it on easy and medium so now its time to play on hard.