Luray, VA

devilvice

Angel
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience staying at a bed & breakfast in Luray, VA. I booked a room at one but then I started reading terrible reviews of this particular Inn. Any recommendations?
Thanks!

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience staying at a bed & breakfast in Luray, VA. I booked a room at one but then I started reading terrible reviews of this particular Inn. Any recommendations?
Thanks!
I

We camp there once a year - it is a beautiful place.

1badsilverado

1badsilverado
Camp at the Luray Jellystone campground. They have cabins that you can rent if you don't have a camper. Its only about 3 miles from Luray Caverns. The kids love it there.

oldman

Lobster Land
42 years ago I spent my first honeymoon in a cheap motel just across the road from the caverns. :whistle: Never got to see the caverns. Not much help am I?

devilvice

Angel
42 years ago I spent my first honeymoon in a cheap motel just across the road from the caverns. :whistle: Never got to see the caverns. Not much help am I?

Well maybe if I was getting married, that could be a possibilty. Instead I am just looking for a weekend getaway with my 7 year old daughter. Just trying to make it a special weekend for us.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanks!

My Grandmother is from Luray, Norway. She is headed home for a visit next month. :yay:

Well maybe if I was getting married, that could be a possibilty. Instead I am just looking for a weekend getaway with my 7 year old daughter. Just trying to make it a special weekend for us.

That Jellystone campground could be good. They have a fishing pond and playground. See the caverns and get down to the river. Other than that there isn't a whole lot to do there. It's a short drive to the Blue Ridge Pkwy where you could take a short hike on one of the many trails. We found the drive down mainstreet Luray to be about as entertaining as anything. Look for people sitting out on their porches.:killingme