I am suprised at a lot of you...

mattvivslivesou

www.meerkatsound.com
CALIFORNIA, Md. (March 13, 2008) – Deputy State Fire Marshals have charged three local business owners in connection with the operation of an "illegal" nightclub within their restaurant. The Fusion nightclub was operating within the Hot Noodle Restaurant located at 22576 McArthur Boulevard. Authorities say that once the restaurant closed for the day, it was converted and reopened as the nightclub.

Deputy State Fire Marshals and a Fire Protection Engineer conducted an inspection of the business on Friday, February 29 after a complaint was received from the public about the nightclub operation. During this inspection, authorities say they identified several significant fire code violations which would prohibit the continued operation of the nightclub. Authorities ordered the business owners to cease operation of the nightclub.

A follow up inspection later that same evening revealed that the nightclub continued to operate in violation of the initial order, say Deputy Fire Marshals.

The Hot Noodle Restaurant is reportedly owned and operated by Lam Tran, 29, David Tran, 27, and Kimberly Tran, 31. All three have been charged with obstruction of a Deputy State Fire Marshal while conducting an inspection. If convicted the three may be subject to imprisonment not to exceed three years.

The St. Mary’s County Liquor Control Board, Department of Land Use and Growth Management, and the Sheriff’s Office assisted during the inspection.

Source: Maryland State Fire Marshal

Fusion Nightclub Owners Charged with Obstructing Fire Marshals - Southern Maryland Headline News

I guess everyone forgot about the nightclub fire a few years ago in Rhode Island where 150 people died because the owner did not comply with the fire code and the band was ignorant to fire code requirements. I hope they toss the owners of the San Souci place in jail.

MrX

High Octane
That nobody decided to put up a news article...

There was a post with 45 minutes of the Music Venue/Club/Bar/Etc... It's been 12hrs since they posted the article...

yeah, well i believe that the gloating has been done...so they dont feel the need to say anything further.

BTW, to compare a place that allows pyrotechnics and what happened there is a totally different situation.