Purchasing Photoshop...

sockgirl77

Okay. Where are the deals at? I've been wanting it for a few years now. I really want this but I'm not sure if there is an affordable way to get it. Not just to participate in here but I think that it would be great to tinker with my kids' pics.

T

TwilightImaging

Okay. Where are the deals at? I've been wanting it for a few years now. I really want this but I'm not sure if there is an affordable way to get it. Not just to participate in here but I think that it would be great to tinker with my kids' pics.

You can hit the adobe or do a search for a free trial download for photoshop. It will give you a month to play and see which one you would prefer. Just supply your e mail and away you go.

M

Mousebaby

I have PSP 11 and I love it! I have a hard time with Photoshop and can't seem to get familiar with it. There is also another one called Photo Explosion that is fun to mess with. But if your heart is set on Photoshop someone ele might be able to tell you more about it.

I generally find my best deals by googling the software title and looking that way. Sometimes you can get lucky and Bizrate, or Pricegrabber or nextag. Most of the time my best deals come from Amazon.com.

Also, google "coupon codes" for money off coupons. Something like "Amazon coupon codes" or "Photoshop coupon codes" maybe even try "Photoshop rebates"

Good Luck! :huggy:

united

I know that CSM sells it really cheap if your a college student, or have one purchase it for you.

sockgirl77

I know that CSM sells it really cheap if your a college student, or have one purchase it for you.

I am not a student. Is there such thing as buying a used version like you can buy a used video game? Or is that just an ignorant question? I don't have hundreds of dollars to shell out for this.

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
It's pretty expensive buying it off the shelf but there are deals out there. You don't have to buy the latest issue. Try ebay too.

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
Twilight is right I think, Start with something like Elements. That will save you money too. I think you can pick up Elements 6.0 for $99 at Bestbuy. You might be able to get 5.0 for even less.

J

Tomcat

Anytime
I have PSP 11 and I love it! I have a hard time with Photoshop and can't seem to get familiar with it.

I also use PSP (Paint Shop Pro) even though I also have the full blown version of PhotoShop with all the extras. Mousebaby is right, PhotoShop has a pretty steep learning curve (especially if you've used something else) PSP is very intuitive and much easier to learn.

T

TwilightImaging

Not to add confusion but I also have Corel (sp?) paint pro...but really only use that for weird stuff like airbrushing, it's really fast for that...if that makes sense. I may use it 4 times a year. It has the basic corrections with the click of the mouse plus some added things.

Tomcat

Anytime
Not to add confusion but I also have Corel (sp?) paint pro...but really only use that for weird stuff like airbrushing, it's really fast for that...if that makes sense. I may use it 4 times a year. It has the basic corrections with the click of the mouse plus some added things.

I'm just the opposite, I use PSP mainly and PhotoShop for something I can't do in PSP or for a special effect.

KurtPreston

If you are just looking to do normal, not extremely involved photo retouching then you might as well download Google's free Picasa and give that a try. It's quite nifty and feature rich.

Picasa

sockgirl77

If you are just looking to do normal, not extremely involved photo retouching then you might as well download Google's free Picasa and give that a try. It's quite nifty and feature rich.

Picasa

I want it mainly for the neat effects I've seen in here. I want to add fairy wings to my girls and make my son a dragon and such.

Well, I'd really like to turn Slotted face into a :whistle: too. :blushing:

Toxick

Splat
I am not a student. Is there such thing as buying a used version like you can buy a used video game? Or is that just an ignorant question? I don't have hundreds of dollars to shell out for this.

There's always GNU Image Manipulation Program, aka GIMP. IMO, it's not quite as user friendly as Photoshop (but there are those who would disagree with me) but everything you can do with PS, you can do with the GIMP.

And it don't cost nothin'. That's a big plus.

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I want it mainly for the neat effects I've seen in here. I want to add fairy wings to my girls and make my son a dragon and such.

Well, I'd really like to turn Slotted face into a :whistle: too. :blushing:

There are red flashing lights and loud clanging bells going off in my head at the mention of you having access to this "tool."

:lol: