Sick Chicks

cosmo00

I wrote about the chick from hell last week and he is much better and not with noodles and butter.
Now I have 4 of those chicks that are coming down with something bad, the only thing I can find that sounds like what they have and are doing is Avian encephalomyelitis. Has anyone heard of it or has had birds that have had it? What do I do?? I have taken them away from the rest of the flock (2 weeks old chicks) anyone know how to keep it from happening to the rest of them???

Cowgirl

What are the signs? Have you noticed ataxia and head tremors? If it is AE, you may as well destroy the ones that have it, because they most likely won't recover. You can get a vaccine for the others, but I'm not sure how much it would cost. The others have probably already been exposed. Also, make sure you remove any affected chicks, and thoroughly sterilize the brooder or whatever the others are in.

cosmo00

they dont walk much if at all (2 of them) one is just really small and kinda lazy and the third has this weird thing it does when it stretches its neck, it stands up and looks like itis stretching but its head looks like its too heavy and kinda looks like a goose with a really bad attitude.