Currency Exchange

C6R_Mag

Im about to go to Cancun, Mexico for a week and I'm wondering if there is anywhere local that can exchange currency?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
My bank, PNC, exchanges money. I'm guessing that any bank can do it, too.

I recently bought Euros, and the exchange rate was 1.57:1. :shocking: I went in to the bank and "ordered" my money, and it arrived two days later.

Your exchange rate will be much more favorable than mine, since the US dollar is still robust to the Peso.

Have fun on your trip!

W

White Buddah

You can get the money exchanged at the airport. However, their rates seem to be slightly lower....just another way to make a buck.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I'm guessing that any bank can do it, too.

:yeahthat: call the hotel where your're staying and ask what the local exchange rate is and choos the best.

FYI: I've never been anywhere that doesnt accept dollars, but that might have changed in the last few years.

C6R_Mag

I can't find anything on Navy Federal's website about currency exchange. I would assume they do it too? Have to just go in and ask.

I figured it could be done at the airport, but thought my bank would be cheaper.

I'm sure that whole area excepts USD, I just didnt want to be stuck without in case i come across that one instance. Plus, i want to take the responsibilty out of someone elses hand to convert it properly, so i don't get ripped!

I didn't think to ask the hotel either, but i assumed their rate would be higher since your already there and they are going to treat you like a tourist by taking all your money. lol. I could be totally wrong though.