Help, dose anybody have a place I can stay

R

RFM

John Here,

I need some help, dose anyone have a place I can stay for about one month until the apartments at Greenview open up. My ex wife is having me evicted Monday if I am not out of the house. I do not know anyone in this area that I can stay with. If you have a space on the couch or what ever please give me a call

John
301-863-7897

R

RFM

Originally posted by Christy
RFM, how can she have you evicted? Is the house in both your names? Just curious.

When we first rented the place the lease was only for 12 months. After that it was month to month. Brenda is the one who sends the landlords her check so it is hers.

zyrne

When your original lease expired, only the term is void. Everything else such as security deposit, do's and don'ts, responsibilities, etc carry forward and are automatically renewed on a monthly basis until changed in writing. It probably says so right in the lease....read it.

If you were on the original lease, you have a legal right to be there, and even if not, you've been living there and it is your established home so you have "squatter" rights. She has to give you sufficeint notice in writing....has she?