The day has arrived

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
This is the morning I've been dreading for the past couple months. I'm taking my daughter to the airport so she can go live with her fiance in Florida. (His family lives there.)

He moved from MD 2 months ago, has a good job already and just got an apartment for them last week. He says it's in a nice neighborhood in Ft. Myers and the bus stops right at the front door (my baby doesn't drive). He's going to help her with that and get her a car, if she decides to drive. The place also has a washer/dryer in the unit and there's a pool and a gym. Eventually she'll get another job and hopefully think hard about college, or at least take a few classes. (Momma's wishful thinking):wink:

I talked to him again last night and warned him to take good care of her, or I'll come down there and :boxing: bust his chops myself. :lol:

It sure will be quiet around here, and even if no one else does, I'm going to miss her. I just hope neither one of us turns into a slobbering :bawl: crybaby at the airport. For those of you who know what a tough time she's had in the past few years, this is a big step for her. She's been doing good for awhile now and I think she's gonna make it. Please keep her in your prayers.

K

Kizzy

I will keep the both of you in my prayers. I'm sure the distance is going to be tough, but it may be good in a sense. It was when I moved out, I grew to appreciate my parents, especially my mother, so much more. A few years ago, I read an article that said the average age of a community college student was 26, so I guess a lot of people wait. I know I was 23-24 when I started at community. A move I don’t think I would have made without being out in the real world for a while and seeing, first hand, the value of an education in the workplace.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Best wishes to your daughter, Sharon! Off on a big adventure! And tell that guy that if he doesn't do right, we'll ALL go down there and :boxing:.

:poorbaby: :bawl:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Sharon, I know you're facing this with mixed emotions. I hope all goes well. If not, count me in for a road trip!!

SxyPrincess

Awww, Sharon! :bawl: I know this is an emotional time, but she's taking a big step towards being independent.

Best wishes to her, to you, and to your family.

:flowers: :huggy:

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Awww, Sharon! :bawl: I know this is an emotional time, but she's taking a big step towards being independent.

Best wishes to her, to you, and to your family.

:flowers: :huggy:
Don't fret Sharon she'll be back. With him in tow...:biggrin:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by cattitude
Sharon, I know you're facing this with mixed emotions. I hope all goes well. If not, count me in for a road trip!!
:yeahthat: Me too - and we will pick up some of my bubbas on the way down.
:huggy:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
You and your daughter are in my thoughts Sharon. :smile: Sometimes it's for the best though. Just from personal experience my mother and I grew so much closer when I moved out at 19. I guess the power struggle was over.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by PFgal
Mig has h0es......in different area codes....

:lol:
:roflmao: :killingme :roflmao: I love that.

But actually it's just my redneck bubbas always ready to kick arse and take names any time I ask. :wink: TG for the bubbas of the world.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by mainman
I've always called em cousins and uncles...
:confused: I've got cousins and uncles too, but Bubbas are special. I've only got two cousins out of half a county in the Bubba category. Maybe you've got some kind of MD thing going on with your bubbas, while mine is a Southern culture thang. :wink:

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by migtig
:confused: I've got cousins and uncles too, but Bubbas are special. I've only got two cousins out of half a county in the Bubba category. Maybe you've got some kind of MD thing going on with your bubbas, while mine is a Southern culture thang. :wink:
I was just talking about folk who are always ready to scrap...:biggrin:
My kin are scatterd throughout md and southern va...

K

Kain99

I can feel your pain. It's so hard to watch you're babies fly off into the future. Chin Up! She'll be o.k. :smile:

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Sharon, good luck to you and your daughter. I'm sure she'll do just fine! As Pix and IM4 stated earlier, sometimes it's for the best. I know when I moved away from home I grew much closer to my mom, also. Just think, now you'll get to take vacations to Florida!:biggrin: